Billy Davies

RamNut

I am not paranoid. I am not paranoid. I am not paranoid.

But I definitely felt a knee in the back of my leg.

Will everyone please stop kneeing me.

(David - we need a knee emoji. It's so unique to Derby but I genuinely think it will catch on. We'll be millionaires this time next year. That or promoted....)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MuespachRam said:

Great watch, interesting that there are no comments from people who have watched it slating him.... Can’t wait for part 2. 

Come back King Billy...unfinished business. 

I saw his picture and I'm struggling to push play.

Give a few weeks and I'll try again.

Played football I'd prefer not to watch, made signings i'd prefer we'd not made in a manner I dislike and came across as an arrogant angry little man. 

Credit to him for getting us promoted but in hindsight and taking a holistic view of his overall tenure as Derby manager I'd say it was more damaging than it was productive. You can argue that he'd have done better than Jewell but who wouldn't!? 

The disaster season and all that came after will always tarnish the promotion he got. And in fairness his attitude and spiteful words play a huge part in that negative legacy. For me he ruined his own credibility by being a ****. Hard to feel sympathetic to him or feel any fondness for his tenure promotion or otherwise.

3 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Great day, but never looked like losing? I must've been at a different game.

Honestly I never ever thought we looked like conceding. My mate always reminds me that as soon as we had finished celebrating when Pearson scored all I did was fold my arms and say “that’s it, it’s over, we have done it, we’ve expletive expletive expletive expletive, done it”...! Ha ha

1 hour ago, RodleyRam said:

Played football I'd prefer not to watch, made signings i'd prefer we'd not made in a manner I dislike and came across as an arrogant angry little man. 

Credit to him for getting us promoted but in hindsight and taking a holistic view of his overall tenure as Derby manager I'd say it was more damaging than it was productive. You can argue that he'd have done better than Jewell but who wouldn't!? 

The disaster season and all that came after will always tarnish the promotion he got. And in fairness his attitude and spiteful words play a huge part in that negative legacy. For me he ruined his own credibility by being a ****. Hard to feel sympathetic to him or feel any fondness for his tenure promotion or otherwise.

Heaven forbid our manager should be arrogant and outspoken and a winner that made a few great signings and a few dodgy ones...because that sort of personality never goes down well or wins anything cough, Brian Clough, cough....

The failure in 2007/8 was down to not just the manager but others. We were bottom of the tables regarding both wages and transfer spending by a significant margin and the involvement of Adam Pearson did us no good at all.

That is not to deny the problems that Billy brings to any table he sits at. He is mega-high maintenance and I doubt he will ever exceed his achievement of getting us to the play-offs and winning at Wembley. He got Forest playing better football than we ever did in his Championship season with us and is an excellent motivator.

In that promotion season I went to more away games than I did before or after and for finally beating Leeds at Elland Road and the brilliant day out at Wembley I am very grateful. 

3 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

The failure in 2007/8 was down to not just the manager but others. We were bottom of the tables regarding both wages and transfer spending by a significant margin and the involvement of Adam Pearson did us no good at all.

That is not to deny the problems that Billy brings to any table he sits at. He is mega-high maintenance and I doubt he will ever exceed his achievement of getting us to the play-offs and winning at Wembley. He got Forest playing better football than we ever did in his Championship season with us and is an excellent motivator.

In that promotion season I went to more away games than I did before or after and for finally beating Leeds at Elland Road and the brilliant day out at Wembley I am very grateful. 

Spot on. Even though the following season was a disaster, I'll never forget the feeling of when Pearson scored and the final whistle went against West Brom.

After watching the first half of this interview my opinion on BD still hasn't changed. Great motivator for the dressing room, creates teams that are difficult to beat. Gave me the most memorable moment supporting the football club winning at Wembley. Still doesn't change the fact he is a selfish, egotistical human being. Hogging the spotlight with his own crusade of personal agendas instead of celebrating the club's incredible achievement of promotion. He thought he was bigger than the club and for that reason alone I'm glad he left even though I've always thought he could have saved us from humiliation in the Premier League. 

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

After watching the first half of this interview my opinion on BD still hasn't changed. Great motivator for the dressing room, creates teams that are difficult to beat. Gave me the most memorable moment supporting the football club winning at Wembley. Still doesn't change the fact he is a selfish, egotistical human being. Hogging the spotlight with his own crusade of personal agendas instead of celebrating the club's incredible achievement of promotion. He thought he was bigger than the club and for that reason alone I'm glad he left even though I've always thought he could have saved us from humiliation in the Premier League. 

Not sure if I was watching the same interview. Seemed to say everyone deserved credit, the players, the staff, the board and the fans.

Completely ruined his legacy with how he behaved at the end but I will always be grateful that he provided a day where me and my old man got to see The Rams win at Wembley, based on our history it could be a once in a lifetime moment. If I'm honest I would take another Billy Davies if it meant me and my son get to share the same experience. 

Archived