Billy Davies

RamNut

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, admira said:

He said at the time that he'd enquired aftter over 100 players but no-one wanted to join us. It's almost as if they thought we'd get relegated with 11 points or something.

What he should have said is no-one wanted to join him  But then again his ego would never let him think that would it 

Watched both parts, agreed with a lot what he said but at times he came across very aggressive. Should of he been sacked? IMO no, would he kept us up? I don't think he would of but it would of been less embarrassing. Jewell ripped the spin out of the team Bywater, Moore (who did stay), Oakley and Howard. Could say right man at he wrong time? 

I would have rehired him once we were relegated in the hope that we could get to wembley again then sack him after we had won during his acceptance speech.  

Looked great in the championship but really didn't achieve previous highs at florist but I am being very unfair given that would have been beyond any human.  Could never understand his approach, moaned like crazy that the play offs meant we ended up weeks behind the promoted sides then went on hols for 2 weeks.  Moaned on live tv (after chelsea?) about no contact from the board which was a total lie.  Don't think the club had much choice after that.

2 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Love him, or hate him, you have to admit that he personally got us promoted

his,  us against the rest of the world, certainly worked. Stats prove this!

That was the what bit about that season, the total siege mentality we had and that is exactly what would have got us more points in the top league if he board had kept him. 

He got us promoted yeah, but I would be lying if I said I enjoyed that season more than some of the ones we've had since we got relegated. 

Yeah he didn't get much money to spend and the board undercut him but they were both as bad as each other in that regard. Constantly sniping at one another with Billy arguing with them through the press and them not giving him the money he wanted. 

I have to say I've enjoyed the reigns of every manager since more than his (apart from Nigel Pearson's).

3 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

He got us promoted yeah, but I would be lying if I said I enjoyed that season more than some of the ones we've had since we got relegated. 

Yeah he didn't get much money to spend and the board undercut him but they were both as bad as each other in that regard. Constantly sniping at one another with Billy arguing with them through the press and them not giving him the money he wanted. 

I have to say I've enjoyed the reigns of every manager since more than his (apart from Nigel Pearson's).

You genuinely enjoyed the reigns of Jewells turgid football, Wassall's waffle, Stevie Macs constant heartbreak and bottling and Clements dour tripe more than Billys promotion winning, record breaking, Wembley joy... I don't think that you really did..

58 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You genuinely enjoyed the reigns of Jewells turgid football, Wassall's waffle, Stevie Macs constant heartbreak and bottling and Clements dour tripe more than Billys promotion winning, record breaking, Wembley joy... I don't think that you really did..

Jewell, I knew I was forgetting someone. Yeah, Jewell and Pearson aside I genuinely did.

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Only some as you say.

You can't please everyone as our current manager who is getting great away results and has us in play off spot is finding out ,but as I say Nigel clough earns my respect for the job he did for Derby and I'm betting I'm a million miles away from being the only one

6 hours ago, King Kevin said:

I agree with you but I don't think he's starving .

No, considering he states 'life changing' bonus for promotion in his interview. I don't think its quite time for turkey swizzlers in the Davies household on Christmas day just yet.

Archived