Derby County v Ipswich Town

B4ev6is

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think so, as long as there is intent most will be happy. Virtually all know Ipswich have a decent record at Pride Park and McCarthy’s sides are as dour as they come and they are only six points behind us so could be a tough nut to crack, play to win as opposed to not lose and I’ll be happy enough. 

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

If Mick parks the bus, what do we do? QPR was dour first half...but this will be spec-tac-ularly dour and has 0-0 written all over it. An irresistible force and an unmovable object. Wrap up warm everyone and bring a book. :mellow:

Can they carry it off though? Not kept a clean sheet away all season...plus they score a few so they might fancy having a go at us to an extent.

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I don’t think so, as long as there is intent most will be happy. Virtually all know Ipswich have a decent record at Pride Park and McCarthy’s sides are as dour as they come and they are only six points behind us so could be a tough nut to crack, play to win as opposed to not lose and I’ll be happy enough. 

Spot on.

I'm sick of reading on here that if you have reservations about the style of play, or whether our performances have merited the points return, that you're some kind of half fan/glory hunter/ Johnny come lately.

I like to think that on the whole we're a knowledgeable, understanding fanbase, and although we are enjoying the results, it's reasonable to question whether the performances are enough to sustain the points haul in the long run?

I'm coming round to the Rowett way, admittedly, but that doesn't mean I'll not question piss poor performance when it happens.

As far as the 'Rowett way' goes,I'll judge it finally when he's got all the players he wants to carry it through.However,I think the signs are very encouraging and we may yet well get consistent excitement if it all comes off. I like the way we seem to have real intent to score goals,and that Gary's late substitutions often indicate a desire not just to settle for a draw,even away from home. 

I'll take a point if it means we can comfortable beat Burton, like everyone seems to be able to do.

7 points out of the 3 games starting with the boro match would have been a good return.

Pressure is there to take 9 points now in a week after the performance last saturday

On 27/11/2017 at 00:48, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Chances are you won't be familiar with our starting line-ups whereas I won't be familiar with yours.   Point being, our manager likes to mess around with starting XI's and will often change a team for the next game even after a win.      If we were more settled we could maybe challenge this league but too many players not being utilized as often as they should or even played out of position.

We have improved on a once problem area of the squad in that we now got some forward players of merit, but defense is a concern and midfield could be improved upon.    At the weekend last we tried hard on occasion but there was no dispute in the opposition victory.    We thought a top six finish was a reasonable assumption in recent time but (I) have seen enough of it (all) before to realize we're simply not consistent enough to properly challenge.     Why the hell Mick McCarthy was allowed another season to provide further ruin back in the summer in a mystery, he's come out with the obligatory "I'll make a decision (on my future) at a later date" but this is nothing new.

Won't be surprised to see a loss at your venue but we can play on occasion and catch any team out in this division.   Talk again when the time arises.

YANKS OUT

Interesting the watch the Highlights of our  outstanding 3-0 away win last season.

only one midfielder / striker still active for us

camara.         Bent.          Ince

.      Johnson.      Bryson

Butterfield

olsson  pearce  keogh  baird

Carson

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Interesting the watch the Highlights of our  outstanding 3-0 away win last season.

only one midfielder / striker still active for us

camara.         Bent.          Ince

.      Johnson.      Bryson

Butterfield

olsson  pearce  keogh  baird

Carson

Bent will be in the squad tonight I reckon

13 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I'll take a point if it means we can comfortable beat Burton, like everyone seems to be able to do.

7 points out of the 3 games starting with the boro match would have been a good return.

Pressure is there to take 9 points now in a week after the performance last saturday

Take a point ????

Forget calculating points, let’s just beat Ipswich’s ass shall we ? :thumbsup:

Archived