Derby County v Ipswich Town

B4ev6is

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been doing a bit of analysis of the results of the current top 10 playing against each other. With nearly half the season gone there are some surprising statistics.Bear in mind the top 10 have not played an equal number of games against each other yet.

On the basis of results so far, Cardiff look the strongest having played 5 of the other 9 at home (W4, D1) and 4 away (W3, L1) = 22 points (Ave 2.444 points per game)

At the other end of the scale, despite their comparatively lofty position, Ipswich have played 4 at home (L4) and 1 away (L1) = nil points

Wolves (They'll walk it) stats are Home (P5, W3,D1,L1), Away (P3,W2,L1) = 17 points (2.000)

Derby, Home (P2,W1,L1), Away,(P5, W2,D1,L2) = 10 points (1.427)

Based on points per game, we'd still be 6th. Got to go for a home win tonight (2-0)

Tough game this. You play your best team. I hope everyone going is royally entertained. Me, l will follow the game by other means but would be happy as Larry if come 21.35 all our players are fit and the BBC are reporting an ugly one nil win for us. COYR!

4 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I've been doing a bit of analysis of the results of the current top 10 playing against each other. With nearly half the season gone there are some surprising statistics.Bear in mind the top 10 have not played an equal number of games against each other yet.

On the basis of results so far, Cardiff look the strongest having played 5 of the other 9 at home (W4, D1) and 4 away (W3, L1) = 22 points (Ave 2.444 points per game)

At the other end of the scale, despite their comparatively lofty position, Ipswich have played 4 at home (L4) and 1 away (L1) = nil points

Wolves (They'll walk it) stats are Home (P5, W3,D1,L1), Away (P3,W2,L1) = 17 points (2.000)

Derby, Home (P2,W1,L1), Away,(P5, W2,D1,L2) = 10 points (1.427)

Based on points per game, we'd still be 6th. Got to go for a home win tonight (2-0)

I think we are improving as the season goes on. We are getting better results. We need to win tonight to make the win on Saturday count.

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Really hope I’m wrong but I’m not convinced at playing basically the same team 4 times in 10 days. Fear for us tonight if our fitness levels aren’t up to it, think most footballers would struggle to play that many games at their best.

Shouldn't be an issue for the 20 something's. But yeah, wrong side of 30 a bit harder. Mind you adrenaline is a wonder drug 

5 minutes ago, jono said:

Shouldn't be an issue for the 20 something's. But yeah, wrong side of 30 a bit harder. Mind you adrenaline is a wonder drug 

Well thanks to Gary's transfer policy we don't have a single first team player the right side of 35 dammit gary!

Archived