Derby County v Ipswich Town

B4ev6is

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although a lot of fans had left well before full time yesterday at Middlesbrough, there were a group of fans in their 'South Stand' that were still singing, backed by an excellent rhythmic drummer. I did wonder what our South Stand would do if we were losing 0-3 at home! 

Luckily we won't find out on Tuesday cos we're going to win. COYR! 

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth

Huddestone Ledley

Weimann Vydra Lawrence 

Nugent

Keep as much of the team together as possible is the only fair thing to do here, but we mustn’t forget that this is our 4th game in less than two weeks. If anyone is too tired, don’t send them out there, it will only serve to weaken us, it’s a squad game and we’ve got players like Martin and Thorne in the wings. I’ve filled in one of those by putting wisdom in, Baird was understandably shattered against boro, so no disrespect to him but he needs to be rested here. Dunno about the others, they may all be ok but fitness must be monitored, don’t want any excuses of players being tired.

Same team unless there's injuries or rowett knows there is real tiredness issue with anyone , then use substitutions wisely to save legs and give minutes if the game situation and tactics allow ,,, it appears that finally ( after a while) we have a manager who the players feel is in charge and want to get in his team and as such are responding positively to having to fight to get into and stay in the team

Yes only doubts might be Baird or Nugent on account of their age and this being a tough schedule with so many games in short period. 

I get the whole 'don't change a winning team' philosophy but I think sometimes it's a bit lazy from a manager.

You should choose the team that give some you the best chance of winning, that means being open to tactical changes or making a change for fitness levels, even if that means changing a winning team. It's easy to just put out the same team again because who can blame you if you lose, you played a winning team.

I don't like the idea of Chris Baird playing three games in a week and having the third team be a Mick McCarthy Ipswich side. I'd give him a rest and bring in Wisdom, someone suited to playing a rough team like Ipswich and now detached enough from the personal reasons that made him miss Fulham.

Selection's getting tougher with Bent and Bennett playing again now. And what's wrong with Winnell? will he also be fit soon?

I like that we are a big and poweful team this season, capable of sometimes bullying the opposition. On that basis I would consider Wisdom for Baird and Martin for Nuge. Also, Rowett keeps saying he needs our wingers to contribute goals and not just play well, which must mean Weimann is a little under threat.

However, I do expect the same starting, 11 but after seeing a very defensive-minded bench against Boro I think that's likely to change for Tuesday night.

7 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I get the whole 'don't change a winning team' philosophy but I think sometimes it's a bit lazy from a manager.

You should choose the team that give some you the best chance of winning, that means being open to tactical changes or making a change for fitness levels, even if that means changing a winning team. It's easy to just put out the same team again because who can blame you if you lose, you played a winning team.

I don't like the idea of Chris Baird playing three games in a week and having the third team be a Mick McCarthy Ipswich side. I'd give him a rest and bring in Wisdom, someone suited to playing a rough team like Ipswich and now detached enough from the personal reasons that made him miss Fulham.

Luckily that's Gaz's mantra, so no chance whatsoever he'll get romantic on this.  The team he picks, is the team he feels is best placed to get a result based on pre-match analysis of their perceived weaknesses.  End of. 

Chances are you won't be familiar with our starting line-ups whereas I won't be familiar with yours.   Point being, our manager likes to mess around with starting XI's and will often change a team for the next game even after a win.      If we were more settled we could maybe challenge this league but too many players not being utilized as often as they should or even played out of position.

We have improved on a once problem area of the squad in that we now got some forward players of merit, but defense is a concern and midfield could be improved upon.    At the weekend last we tried hard on occasion but there was no dispute in the opposition victory.    We thought a top six finish was a reasonable assumption in recent time but (I) have seen enough of it (all) before to realize we're simply not consistent enough to properly challenge.     Why the hell Mick McCarthy was allowed another season to provide further ruin back in the summer in a mystery, he's come out with the obligatory "I'll make a decision (on my future) at a later date" but this is nothing new.

Won't be surprised to see a loss at your venue but we can play on occasion and catch any team out in this division.   Talk again when the time arises.

Id expect minimal changes.

Baird given a rest. That's it.

To be fair, we're only just starting to look like a team in some patches, and i think once the team has reached the well drilled instinctive understanding it'll be easier to swap around a bit.

Im always weary of lots of changes. Under McClaren it usually amounted to a thrown game almost and wed lose all momentum.

14 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Angry we not good enough to rest anybody but your right the muppets will be out 

You can't drop Statler and Waldorf !  

Martin needs ball to feet, we aren't mobile enough, too many dads army Lightweights playing hoofball. 

Archived