Middlesbrough v Derby County match day thread.

B4ev6is

I shall not be posting after tonight’s skin full. I would however warn the members that Burtonram may be posting. I bow to his superior ability to make sense after a serious celebration session. And I’m not trying to type that again. Happy Days. 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Looking forward to seeing what certain posters manage to find to moan about tonight.

We only had 1 goalscorer and there should've been more - very disappointing. No doubt Gary will play it down and try to get around it by talking about the 3 points etc. 

Sort it out Gary.

4 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Well I believe if you are quick to criticise you should be as quick to praise when it’s due.

This is an incredible result, it is usually a home win banker so enormous credit must go to the manager and his players today. Congrats to all concerned and I’m particularly happy for those fans that travelled today having come away from there in previous seasons with little to cheer.

Nice one EHR :thumbsup:

Just now, SKRam said:

I shall not be posting after tonight’s skin full. I would however warn the members that Burtonram may be posting. I bow to his superior ability to make sense after a serious celebration session. And I’m not trying to type that again. Happy Days. 

I've noticed his post-match, boozy like-train is just rolling out of the station. I'd say the arrival of a passionate, caps filled post is imminent.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Listened on Radio Derby and they reckoned it was up there as a contender for best performance of the season. It sounded as though we could actually have scored a lot more

Mutter mutter..... didn't have much to beat on that score..... mutter mutter

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Win our game in hand and we're only 2 points off automatics...

Appreciate the enthusiasm, but the top teams are still to play this weekend. Sheff Utd kick off in a few minutes at home to Brum while Cardiff are away to the Gumps tomorrow. I'd like to see a rare away win for Birmingham but would prefer a draw at the Sh**ty Ground.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Except that Sheff Utd kick off in a few minutes at home to Brum while Cardiff are away to the Gumps tomorrow. I'd like to see a rare away win for Birmingham but would prefer a draw at the Sh**ty Ground.

Oh yeah - i was getting too excited. Good position though!

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Is that Vydra joint second in the goal stats?

if not still great stats. Had my doubts about him at the start of this season, but long may I be wrong!!!

He's joint second, and has by far the best goal per minute stat of a goal every 79 minutes. Which is about half of Assambalongas who has the same amount of goals, but averaging a goal every 152 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Appreciate the enthusiasm, but the top teams are still to play this weekend. Sheff Utd kick off in a few minutes at home to Brum while Cardiff are away to the Gumps tomorrow. I'd like to see a rare away win for Birmingham but would prefer a draw at the Sh**ty Ground.

Sheffield Utd have been a revelation this season, fair play to them but I do fancy Brum for this. And I’ve not started drinking yet 

8 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Can't wait for the 6 hour, 300 mile-round trip for the inevitable 2-0 defeat today. But hey ho. Still love it.

7 hours ago, Kernow said:

If @BurtonRam7 is on one then I look forward to boosting my post-to-like ratio a bit later once he's had a few shandies

6 hours ago, SKRam said:

No ale venue Burton? 

Here we ******* then boys and girls. I said Leeds was my best away day ever, well this has just ******* topped it.

I've said before that we've showed some balls, some character and some ******* nerve under Rowett to win at Norwich, then Leeds and now Boro. I don't know whether it's Rowett, or Huddlestone, or Davies, but something has really changed this year. They couldn't get ******* near us second half, we were just so strong. 

Keogh and Davies were superb once again, with Baird and Fozzy growing into it second half to form a solid ******* unit. Vydra the match winner once again; Lawrence has stepped up in recent weeks; Weimman and Nuge the perfect players to have away from home with their never-say-die attitude; Tom Huddlestone has been great for the last two games and Joe Ledley was MOTM today, absolutely ******* everywhere defensively.

So good to see us playing lovely football at the end - that's what you get with George Thorne and Chris Martin on the pitch.

Something special is happening here. I can seriously see us going up. Forget the fact that I'm ******, I'm speaking the truth. There's no way we would have won at Norwich, Leeds and Boro in 13/14, 14/15, 15/16 or 16 ******* 17.

I love Derby County. I love Vydra. I love Keogh. I love Davies. I love Ledley . I love Thorne. I love @angieram. I love @David. I love @coneheadjohn who's been through so ******* so much, this one's for you, your mum and Joel mate.

Up the ******* rams. Till I ******* die.

I’m not hiding, and I own up, I COULD be wrong about the manager, BUT, I still stick to my guns re Martin and Vydra being a much better partnership than Nugent and Vydra, and  am very surprised that he can’t see this ..

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Here we ******* then boys and girls. I said Leeds was my best away day ever, well this has just ******* topped it.

I've said before that we've showed some balls, some character and some ******* nerve under Rowett to win at Norwich, then Leeds and now Boro. I don't know whether it's Rowett, or Huddlestone, or Davies, but something has really changed this year. They couldn't get ******* near us second half, we were just so strong. 

Keogh and Davies were superb once again, with Baird and Fozzy growing into it second half to form a solid ******* unit. Vydra the match winner once again; Lawrence has stepped up in recent weeks; Weimman and Nuge the perfect players to have away from home with their never-say-die attitude; Tom Huddlestone has been great for the last two games and Joe Ledley was MOTM today, absolutely ******* everywhere defensively.

So good to see us playing lovely football at the end - that's what you get with George Thorne and Chris Martin on the pitch.

Something special is happening here. I can seriously see us going up. Forget the fact that I'm ******, I'm speaking the truth. There's no way we would have won at Norwich, Leeds and Boro in 13/14, 14/15, 15/16 or 16 ******* 17.

I love Derby County. I love Vydra. I love Keogh. I love Davies. I love Ledley . I love Thorne. I love @angieram. I love @David. I love @coneheadjohn who's been through so ******* so much, this one's for you, your mum and Joel mate.

Wish I could give you a double heart my friend. Safe trip home :D

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I f****** love you @BurtonRam7?

Archived