Derby County V Reading

peachmyster

We played a poor half of football and were punished by a hungry side with nibble players. It doesn't mean the wheels have come off.

yep .. Some choices were wrong ( and lest be honest they were partially forced changes ) but you know ....what would have happened if Keogh hadn't had to go off and the first 10 mins of their energy had burned off without a goal ? What if Lawrence hadn't got that hard knock early on ? What if, when we were on the up in the second half, Curtiss hadn't made an uncharacteristic error ? Or Winall hadn't got himself for being narky with a petulant pedant for a ref ? 

Fine lines .. Just a bad day. The large lady hasn't even got her outfit on, hasn't been given the music yet alone started singing. Chill out lads 

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jono said:

We played a poor half of football and were punished by a hungry side with nibble players. It doesn't mean the wheels have come off.

yep .. Some choices were wrong ( and lest be honest they were partially forced changes ) but you know ....what would have happened if Keogh hadn't had to go off and the first 10 mins of their energy had burned off without a goal ? What if Lawrence hadn't got that hard knock early on ? What if, when we were on the up in the second half, Curtiss hadn't made an uncharacteristic error ? Or Winall hadn't got himself for being narky with a petulant pedant for a ref ? 

Fine lines .. Just a bad day. The large lady hasn't even got her outfit on, hasn't been given the music yet alone started singing. Chill out lads 

Not really fine lines today.....more like a massive fault line.

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Aside from the goals etc,did anyone else think it was an unusually spiky game today?

Loads of needle between the players,especially Nugent and Martin winding their keeper up including some lovely shoves which resulted in the determining the ball into chrissies back and a head to head between them.

I noticed that reading seemed to revel in timewasting and goading the supporters too.

I thought the ref was masterful in not dealing with any of these issues at all...utterly useless today.

It all did add to the atmosphere though,which was pretty vicious....I've never seen a Russell or Martin goal celebrated quite so energetically and loudly as today...I felt like I was at the coleseum in Rome....just needed a lion thrown into the mix

Thought the ref managed the game terribly, was just ridiculous at times. His silly little wave he’d do to their goalkeeper at every single goal kick was just stupid. Book him and he’ll stop timewasting. 

Their rolling around was a bit ridiculous but was allowed to happen so there we go, can’t blame them.

I've calmed down now.

We were appalling. 

They should donate their wages this week. No excuses. Individually and collectively appalling. Manager included. 

They've learnt a lot of goodwill with some gutsy displays. That's evaporated. 

I don't mind losing. I do mind not competing.

I saw some players trying and failing and I saw other players just failing.

I will give credit to Johnson, Martin, Russell and Wisdom for trying to make things happen. They didn't always come off, but they tried. 

The others should have a look at themselves.

Johnson in particular was dealt a rubbish hand in not knowing whether to push up and help the attackers press or sit back. With a midfielder more mobile than Huddlestone I suspect we would've been a lot more successful when pressing.

Well, the best thing after that abject display apart from the whinging potty mouth woman beside me leaving after 75 mins was she took all the whinging potty mouth tossers with her and for the last 20 minutes the atmosphere improved no end!!

yes it was an embarrassing first 70 minutes but not half as embarrassing as the stadium being half empty after 75 mins. Well played for those that stayed to see the fight from the team and Chrissy Martins birthday goal.

poor team selection in my opinion but what's done is done. Not sure why Vydra or Thorne didn't come on after we pulled one back to try and salvage something, maybe rowett forgot he could make another sub! 

14 minutes ago, needles said:

I've calmed down now.

We were appalling. 

They should donate their wages this week. No excuses. Individually and collectively appalling. Manager included. 

They've learnt a lot of goodwill with some gutsy displays. That's evaporated. 

I don't mind losing. I do mind not competing.

Certainly got my blood boiling today...and the first time my son,who has only recent got into the game,really got what being a rams fan is like....he still hasn't got his voice back

Proud to stay the full 97 minutes though,unlike half the stadium and rewarded with chrissies goal?

We will sometimes lose football matches, sometimes we will lose them in a way that annoys us. As long as lessons are learned and mistakes a rectified what is the big deal?

We are still in the hunt this season but some of you are banging on like someone has kicked your front door in and taken a dump on your lounge carpet. 

Reading fan here, I come in peace. 

I expected a very tough game, I thought we were fortunate to beat Forest in the sense that their goalie and attackers were beyond dreadful. But instead I saw a derby side that looked a mile off the pace, they were nearly like us last year at times. No tempo, no real attacking threat and shambolic defending, all that in account you were probably the worst side we’ve visited this season. 

However, we had loads of games like this last season and we still finished 3rd so I’d not go to extremes this game at all. These things happen(we lost 3-0 to Brighton, 4-1 to Newcastle, 5-0 to Fulham, 4-1 to Brentford, 3-0 to Preston and of course, 7-1 to Norwich yet still finished third). 

Sone Aluko and Mo Barrow would trouble any championship defence, Stam has finally realised how to use those two players to their full potential and when John Swift plays, we play, so again it means that it’s not all doom and gloom. By the way, Wisdom looks like a smart buy, without him you’d have lost by a lot more, no doubt

Archived