Derby County V Reading

peachmyster

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.yes it was poor today, I know that, the manager knows that, everyone knows that, but what I know is that we have been on a good run, in the top six, and in this division anything can happen, so all of you just calm down, the facts say we lost one in eight games, will we have learnt from today deffo, will we be a better team for it deffo, two players today come out with some credit, Johnno and Wisdom both played well, the rest below par, Hope Keogh gets fit soon, because at this level, he would be miss by anyone, and please let's keep together and support our team to the end. Once a Ram always a ram.

Didn't see the game but have a few thoughts:-

What a great October. Some good wins. 

Dont understand the changes. Shame about Ledley but why not swap for Thorne for at least 60?

Unlucky with Keogh. Bad choice with Pearce instead of Shacks? Didn't have time to  re-organise. 

Didn't understand Nuge n Winnall. Never played before. Why drop Martin after Leeds? 

Why vids on the bench if not fit and not wanting to sub him? 

Others have said we need a new winger in Jan but would prefer Thomas to be given a go at least first. No need to spend additional money. 

Night out in nottm last night with a happy tree. Couldn't gloat. 

9 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Get a grip mate and wind your neck in, I think Gary will be ok. However today showed him up a bit that’s all. I’ve been on this ride for 35 years, quite like it and will hopefully be on it for the next 35........you??????????

well I've been here for the last 50 the next 35 may be a challenge but I hope so

Very poor yesterday is an understatement.  

Midfield being too deep and too far from strikers seems an ongoing issue.  The strikers need support whether or not its when we are attacking or trying to defend from the front.  I like Huddlestone, but not sure you can play a midfield two if one of them isn't going to venture over the halfway line.  Changed that a bit in the second half and it was marginally better.  We were building a modicum of momentum until they scored their third (which was also skillfully negated by the constant time-wasting and falling over of their players... a bit of a whinge 'cos I'm not sure it affected the result, but as others have mentioned the ref managed the game appallingly).  Wingers had a poor game.  I see that Lawrence is being set up as the new villain of the peice by some.  Don't think that's fair; things just aren't coming off for him, but I think he has talent...  although his deadball delivery was the worst I've seen from him so far.  Forsyth had an absolute 'mare.  I seem to be in a minority, but really can't see why he is considered first choice left back (is Ollson injured?).  If GR doesn't rate Ollson and Lowe is always injured, then I think that is an area to look at in January.

No manager can legislate for an experienced centre half blindly knocking it square without looking, but waiting until 60+ minutes to make a change was a bit odd.  I'm not interested in the second guessing, hindsight viewing, conspiracy theorising over Vydra's omission.  I was reasonably happy with Nuge, Winnall starting and Martin coming on.  You can moan all you want about why a so-called injured player is on the bench, but there are degrees of injury as everybody knows and it isn't that unusual to have somebody not fully fit there who you can risk at a push but not start with.  GR obviously didn't think it was worth risking him at 3-0 down.  

All in all, a very bad day at the office.

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

So saying to me that there keeper pushed martin and threw ball at him not a sending off yes it is mate.

Martin instigated that, was stupid of him to leave a foot in on the keeper.

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Oh cant I he cost us three points today

How about time wasting

How about there goal keeper pushing chris martin and throwing ball at him all he gets a yellow card should been a red card.

No he didnt, yes the time wasting was bad and he should have stamped it out earlier but our shocking defending cost us the game.

15 hours ago, Harrowram said:

You have forgotten the two points thrown away against Sunderland, Brentford and Birmingham and the woeful performances against Sheffield Utd, Bristol City and Wolves. The progress made since Cardiff has just been wasted.

Still very upset about this performance, and team selection. The question is HOW GOOD ARE WE REALLY??. and how long have we got to wait before we sign some real quality players. 

Maybe he should have picked Nugent and Vydra as it didn't work with Winnall, but still wouldn't have stopped us conceding the goals we did yesterday. 

Yesterday was one of those days where mistakes made by individuals not doing their jobs cost us and the managerial decisions both with team selection and subs within the game were largely irrelevant.

Positives for me yesterday were Wisdom, Johnson (who I slate lots but he was trying to make things happen yesterday) and Chrissy getting his goal. Not much else.

Move on now and hopefully we can get another run going.

5 minutes ago, Hector was the best said:

Still very upset about this performance, and team selection. The question is HOW GOOD ARE WE REALLY??. and how long have we got to wait before we sign some real quality players. 

It is hard to say. Other than yesterday we had lost two games away to teams above us and a game early on in the season to Wolves who have spent a lot of money and are flying.Silly points were thrown away at Sunderland, Brentford and against Birmingham but our form had improved significantly since Ledley was signed. I find yesterday very disappointing though perhaps it could be argued that Reading have spent a lot of money too, have started the season badly and were due a result.

I hope Ledley and Keogh are fit to return at Fulham and we can get a  win. Our midfield lacks energy and bite and hopefully this can be resolved in January.

We were s***, Reading were good. Exposed our biggest weakness, pace. Once Keogh went off, that is a slow back four. Coupled with Johnson and Huddlestone in midfield its a slow back six. Reading just just that against us, hit us on the counter at pace in the second half scored two but could have had more.

9 hours ago, SoneAluko said:

Reading fan here, I come in peace. 

I expected a very tough game, I thought we were fortunate to beat Forest in the sense that their goalie and attackers were beyond dreadful. But instead I saw a derby side that looked a mile off the pace, they were nearly like us last year at times. No tempo, no real attacking threat and shambolic defending, all that in account you were probably the worst side we’ve visited this season. 

However, we had loads of games like this last season and we still finished 3rd so I’d not go to extremes this game at all. These things happen(we lost 3-0 to Brighton, 4-1 to Newcastle, 5-0 to Fulham, 4-1 to Brentford, 3-0 to Preston and of course, 7-1 to Norwich yet still finished third). 

Sone Aluko and Mo Barrow would trouble any championship defence, Stam has finally realised how to use those two players to their full potential and when John Swift plays, we play, so again it means that it’s not all doom and gloom. By the way, Wisdom looks like a smart buy, without him you’d have lost by a lot more, no doubt

When Will Hughes plays, we play well too.

Archived