Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

29 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

If they are not ready then what would dropping them into a team low on confidence and getting stuffed do to them? 

We have to believe the manager when he thinks they are not ready yet.. Indeed many who watch the 23s on here have commented that this or that player is not ready. I don't watch the U23s so cannot comment.

A couple in the squad would not be a bad idea.. Bring them on when we are 3 up with 20 mins to go.. Fine.

as an expert once said 'if they are good enough then they are old enough'.  Ours aren't old enough!

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the game last night. As an attacking force we were almost nonexistent, possibly not helped by taking the lead so early. People are saying that no team with intentions of promotion would play like that, but Huddersfield did exactly the same at PP last season and were promoted. I really wouldn't like us to play like that every week, no one possibly could! However the stats are a little (and I mean a little) misleading. They had 80% possession, but did absolutely nothing as an attacking force either. A couple of long range efforts that weren't even on target (Carson wouldn't have been able to save them if they had been. So what, they weren't on target!), a header at the back post also off target, and the one they actually scored. Eighty percent possession and that's all they could muster. 75% of their possession was in their own half, passing between the defenders. If we had 80% possession in a game and did so little with it the reaction on here wobble even worse than now. We got a point, away from home, against a team that turned us over not long ago, and after 2 very poor away results. We had to stop the rot. If we had lost trying exactly the same as previously....... Cardiff will now be another big test, made bigger because people will be expecting an attacking display like Barcelona or Man City. We aren't good enough yet. Get points where we can , however we can. There will be better days and better games. 

5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

People are saying that no team with intentions of promotion would play like that, but Huddersfield did exactly the same at PP last season and were promoted. I really wouldn't like us to play like that every week...

And neither did Huddersfield, it was a one-off 'trial' by their manager in the run up to the Play-offs. Not quite the same..

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

If they are not ready then what would dropping them into a team low on confidence and getting stuffed do to them? 

We have to believe the manager when he thinks they are not ready yet.. Indeed many who watch the 23s on here have commented that this or that player is not ready. I don't watch the U23s so cannot comment.

A couple in the squad would not be a bad idea.. Bring them on when we are 3 up with 20 mins to go.. Fine.

You know who's ready don't you?

ZANZALA! 

When we unleash this ferocious forward, I'll pity other teams defences I really will.

otherwyse, and Elsnik of Accrington notwithstanding, I fully agree with you .

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

ZANZALA! 

When we unleash this ferocious forward, I'll pity other teams defences I really will.

I just feel it will give everyone a lift and we need pace in the side

29 minutes ago, Ninos said:

ZANZALA! 

Not seen much of him mate but I know you are a big fan. We would all love them to come through so I am not sure what the club thinks he is lacking in?

10 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Not seen much of him mate but I know you are a big fan. We would all love them to come through so I am not sure what the club thinks he is lacking in?

I just feel our young lads need first team football but even if just till january until we can sign players or recall players back

5 hours ago, brady1993 said:

He'd have been perfect to replace Hughes and would have liked to see us sign him in the summer.

Think he'd be wasted in a Rowett team though.

Yeah, I really thought Rowett would want us to play football on the deck and his style wouldn't be as boring as people have said. Really doesn't look the case now.

I won't even mention that I went on about Ollie Watkins as an affordable option with big upside from January either.

Why am I not in charge of recruiting.

37 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Yeah, I really thought Rowett would want us to play football on the deck and his style wouldn't be as boring as people have said. Really doesn't look the case now.

I won't even mention that I went on about Ollie Watkins as an affordable option with big upside from January either.

Why am I not in charge of recruiting.

Had McClaren been in charge I suspect we'd have gone for Watkins. There was a lot of noise about signing him in January and quite a few rumours suggesting he was close.

Archived