Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Brentford are a good side we lost 4-0 last season at their place. 

when we lost 4-0 they had 7 players who weren't playing last night. They have won once all season! Craig Ramage said that there team was mostly youngsters. Birmingham came to our place after losing 6 in a row and played better football than us for most of the game. Gary's tactics are boring and don't work admit it.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Edtheram said:

when we lost 4-0 they had 7 players who weren't playing last night. They have won once all season! Craig Ramage said that there team was mostly youngsters. Birmingham came to our place after losing 6 in a row and played better football than us for most of the game. Gary's tactics are boring and don't work admit it.

No chance .

9 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Is it just a coincidence that in away games we are conceading goals when Vydra, Weimann and Nugent are on the pitch?

Not a coincidence. Nugent looked worryingly lacksadasical to me, Vydra doesn't retain the ball when there's pressure and no release option, and Weimann is just a sorry player.

It was a mistake for sure - since we had played hold to the 1-0 for 70 mins - not to see it through to completion and throw on either Alex pearce or Baird ... we should have taken Weimann out and stuck Pearce in a 5 man defence. If they could get through that in 5 minutes then hats off to them. Simple principle of: close to the end narrow lead go more defensive. GR was prob thinking Vydra and Nugent might take pressure off by counterattacking and getting a second but that was a low percentage model.

49 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I have to apologise about that part, your completely correct. In my head I was thinking Dawkins was about 23 when we sold him.

No need to apologise, always seemed like he was younger than he was, I think mainly due to that he never really played before joining us.

24 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Not a coincidence. Nugent looked worryingly lacksadasical to me, Vydra doesn't retain the ball when there's pressure and no release option, and Weimann is just a sorry player.

I'm starting to think you hate ALL forwards now? :)

25 minutes ago, Ninos said:

It was a mistake for sure - since we had played hold to the 1-0 for 70 mins - not to see it through to completion and throw on either Alex pearce or Baird ... we should have taken Weimann out and stuck Pearce in a 5 man defence. If they could get through that in 5 minutes then hats off to them. Simple principle of: close to the end narrow lead go more defensive. GR was prob thinking Vydra and Nugent might take pressure off by counterattacking and getting a second but that was a low percentage model.

5 minutes to go in a game - Why would you make such a major change? Ledley really couldn't see out the last 10 minutes?

Usually takes subs 10 mins at least to get into the flow of the game so hardly a surprise that Vydra looked off the pace

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

But also might gain us three points also and giving us a lift.

But i feel sorry for masion bennet he did well until he went off but did not look good how brentford took him off how earth they kepted 11 players i never know.

It would be suicidal to make wholesale changes by bringing in a host of youngsters against a team top of the table and full of confidence. OK, we might win but more likely we'd get mauled. Think of the damage that would do to their confidence. 

Sad to say, in my opinion, this is another game we need to try and survive/scrape a point or three. 

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

But also might gain us three points also and giving us a lift.

But i feel sorry for masion bennet he did well until he went off but did not look good how brentford took him off how earth they kepted 11 players i never know.

didn't he injury himself fouling one of their's

An away trip to the top of the league side is not a time for blooding youngsters. We will need all of our defensive nous and experience and, hopefully, our front players will be able to keep and use the ball better than they did against Brentford.

At least we won't have Bryson running rings round our midfield as I believe he is not allowed to play in games against his parent club.

49 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well everyone saying we need young players coming through this is pefect to bring them plus they would add pace to the team.

If they are not ready then what would dropping them into a team low on confidence and getting stuffed do to them? 

We have to believe the manager when he thinks they are not ready yet.. Indeed many who watch the 23s on here have commented that this or that player is not ready. I don't watch the U23s so cannot comment.

A couple in the squad would not be a bad idea.. Bring them on when we are 3 up with 20 mins to go.. Fine.

6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

If they are not ready then what would dropping them into a team low on confidence and getting stuffed do to them? 

We have to believe the manager when he thinks they are not ready yet.. Indeed many who watch the 23s on here have commented that this or that player is not ready. I don't watch the U23s so cannot comment.

A couple in the squad would not be a bad idea.. Bring them on when we are 3 up with 20 mins to go.. Fine.

So you can't see them getting much game time either :ph34r:

I'd like to ask all those that seem happy with last nights draw this...

can you honestly be happy watching us go to teams like Brentford and basically surrender possession to the opposition to the extent we had 20%....it was embarrassing ...are we that scared that we have to sit through 90 mins of un entertaining dross!! Look at our squad compared to there's !!!

I mean come on!!! Have we drifted that far backwards that a mega defensive display against a team that has been struggling is deemed as ok...?

yes it's a point and and any away point is good but it was woeful and I thought embarrassing tactically .....we are Derby County and we have very good players....we are not Brum or Burton looking to scrape draws away from home ...horrible to watch ...I'm afraid 

under Mac1 I used to think we will win today before every game ( apart from Boro as we never seemed to get to grips with them )

i used to look forward to our play and how we used to easily open teams up...now I'm bored rigid...and like most on here will always support this club but please don't say we have gone forwards......we simply haven't :unsure:

Archived