Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Worse than Sheffield and Bristol or a different way of playing. 

Can't comment on Bristol as I was not there but yes I would say worse than Sheffield. Sheff we gifted them goals but the play was more even than last night. We never had the ball to control anything.. I can't put last night down to individual errors just a collective mess.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Can't comment on Bristol as I was not there but yes I would say worse than Sheffield. Sheff we gifted them goals but the play was more even than last night. We never had the ball to control anything.. I can't put last night down to individual errors just a collective mess.

Thing is mate Rowett has to stay in my eyes or another manager would have to assess the squad all over again .

Im not saying you want Rowett out because I think you would give him time but others won't. 

That performance last night was somehow worse than when I watched them last time we were there a few months back where they beat us 4-0. We were just so slow and couldn't keep the ball or have any sort of plan of what to do with it... like someone said near me it was like watching veterans against an u23 side. They had so much more energy than us.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thing is mate Rowett has to stay in my eyes or another manager would have to assess the squad all over again .

Im not saying you want Rowett out because I think you would give him time but others won't. 

I have never said I wanted Rowett out, you are right. I agree another manager starts the whole process again and I don't want that.

BUT we are in a hell of a mess at the moment and this club needs a boost from somewhere.

I have never said I wanted Rowett out, you are right. I agree another manager starts the whole process again and I don't want that.

BUT we are in a hell of a mess at the moment and this club needs a boost from somewhere.

We aren't playing well and the Club have made mistakes I agree. 

Rowett has made mistakes also but a draw away is always a good result.

What would you do if you were Mel Morris !

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

We aren't playing well and the Club have made mistakes I agree. 

Rowett has made mistakes also but a draw away is always a good result.

What would you do if you were Mel Morris !

'What would I do if I was Mel Morris', God forbid !!!

Seriously (for what it's worth), a public statement that they know things are bad and as a club we are not where we want to be. That Gary has his support and he is not going to be Mr Trigger Happy again. That the position will be reviewed at the end of the season.

It's all talk and to be honest, I have never listened to the bull he has spouted before. You can read in his eyes it's just spin and sound bites. I want to be able to look in those eyes and see some pain.

Gary needs the pressure taken off him. If is still pony after that, Morris has done his bit and can have another look. 

After that I would book a round the world cruise asap. Nice suite overlooking the ocean and play some Candy Crush and remember the good old days.

I would lock myself in my cabin, look in the mirror, shake my head and say WTF have I done to this club. 

I would also find a new Sam Rush quickly. 

Then when I got home, I would be straight down the Chinese to see if they do takeaways. :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

@brady1993 the irony that Ryan Woods ran the show last night when we've been talking about him all summer as the perfect fit for our midfield.

I'm not even that happy to say I told you so.

He did us last season as well. His energy levels were amazing. Makes space for himself, receives it and moves it forward quickly. Not rocket science is it. Got a nasty edge as well as last night showed.. I liked that to be honest.

I thought he was the type we were told we were looking for.. Perhaps we are waiting until he gets to 30 and piles on a couple of stone. 

13 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I'm not sure there is a better example of our poor transfer policy since Mel Morris came in. Sell a young technically gifted player off on the cheap, buy a slow technically poor player for a record fee.

There is only 8 months difference in age between Dawkins and Johnson. 

'What would I do if I was Mel Morris', God forbid !!!

Seriously (for what it's worth), a public statement that they know things are bad and as a club we are not where we want to be. That Gary has his support and he is not going to be Mr Trigger Happy again. That the position will be reviewed at the end of the season.

It's all talk and to be honest, I have never listened to the bull he has spouted before. You can read in his eyes it's just spin and sound bites. I want to be able to look in those eyes and see some pain.

Gary needs the pressure taken off him. If is still pony after that, Morris has done his bit and can have another look. 

After that I would book a round the world cruise asap. Nice suite overlooking the ocean and play some Candy Crush and remember the good old days.

I would lock myself in my cabin, look in the mirror, shake my head and say WTF have I done to this club. 

I would also find a new Sam Rush quickly. 

Then when I got home, I would be straight down the Chinese to see if they do takeaways. :ph34r:

If I was Mel I'd sit back give Gary what he needs and be patient.

Mel might decide a different way but I hope not. 

Up the Rams and I'm looking forward to Cardiff 

24 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

@brady1993 the irony that Ryan Woods ran the show last night when we've been talking about him all summer as the perfect fit for our midfield.

I'm not even that happy to say I told you so.

He'd have been perfect to replace Hughes and would have liked to see us sign him in the summer.

Think he'd be wasted in a Rowett team though.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Can't really comment on clough as he was before I was born. However it doesn't make it acceptable even if Clough did it.

it is regrouping to stop the rot.  Hopefully avoids developing a losing sequence.  you get your best players playing to their strengths and frustrate the opposition.  That and last night's performance were in no way comparable

Archived