Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

7 hours ago, Saity said:

it was a good point but how many learning curves does GR want.....i like him and he speaks really well but i never want to see a Derby County side give up possession of the football so easily again those figures 0f 80% are embarrasing to be honest you can never control a game without the ball...it was poor and Brentford will be mid table at best

They will finish above us.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Whoever was posting on here saying they were happy and looking forward to seeing that line-up need their head looking at.

Hopefully Rowett is only selling his soul to the Tony Pulis shaped defensive midfield devil until he can get a squad that suits him. Otherwise, I'm out.

Haha, that's me then! 

At least we know now what it (doesn't) give us. Better than just repeating previous mistake of doing nothing.

For what it's worth, it sounded like we'd got it right for 15 minutes. Ironically, our goal killed us.

Awful display.. I like others are really struggling with what the plan is. Last night we scored and then just sat back. Balls hoofed out of defence to nobody and then they come straight back at you. When they did go to someone a poor pass followed and we are back defending again. Carsons distribution was shocking.. And I mean shocking !!

We have normally looked up as a club but if what I saw last night continues, we will be looking down very quickly. 

Gary's inability to change things is my biggest concern. We were getting run ragged in the first half and as far as I could see, we did nothing to shut Woods down. He ran the game completely.. He is exactly what we are missing in midfield. Gary, just watched and let it happen. Subs in the second half, again like for like really apart from Ledley coming off and Johnson dropping deeper but not real change in structure or style.

For the first time after the final whistle, Rowett was getting some real abuse as he walked off in front of us. Only a minority but I have not really seen that before.

The club and Morris are in a difficult place now.. We have all seen Morris pull the trigger on previous managers for much less than Rowett is serving up now. I was half expecting to wake up this morning to the news of his departure to be honest. I think Morris has realised chopping and changing is not the way forward. BUT I am really worried now that Gary is out of his depth and IF we stick with him, things are going to get a hell of a lot worse and only for a poorer style of football. If Morris gets rids, he will get slaughtered, if he keeps him and we go any further backwards, we are buggered for years.. He's made another massive (in a long line of massive), c***-ups, not just with this appointment but with pretty much everything he has touched. We have backed ourselves into a corner again by our own making over the last few years. My views on a fan owning a club are well known.. 

We have tough games coming up. Make no mistake Cardiff will absolutely destroy us IF we play anything like we have in the last few games. We cannot go there with the same game plan, that would be a crime and as much as I want him to get it right.. It will be the last nail in the coffin for me with Rowett. It will show me he has lost it completely. Forest coming up will be huge for him now. If that goes badly (god I hope not), he has to go. Gary we need something.. Some glimmer of light, something to give us an indication of what you are trying to achieve is working. We've heard all the talk, it means nothing now, walk the walk. 

Was going to go to Cardiff on Saturday but really can't be arsed now. I feel a real disconnect with the club, not so much the team, I expect that to be a rollercoaster but off the pitch DCFC. I used to be proud of the way the club was run, the Gumps looked over in envy at the structure Rush and previously Glick had put into place. Now meh.. Money into Moor Farm? Lovely but what is that producing? Bar a couple of examples the Academy system is rubbish and flawed. All that money each club puts into it and for what one or two every few years. Not worth it.. Completely new system is needed to develop youth but that is another discussion.

We have a hard core loyal base of support of around 20,000 at home and about 500 or so away. There are some passionate fans on this forum, some are never say die types and the vibe coming back from those is negative. That should worry this club..

I was at the game last night and said beforehand that if someone offered me a point I would take it, in the light of recent away performances. In the first 15-20 minutes it was good to see us play with a bit of steel. Their player who punched Bradley in the face should have been sent off but the ref bottled it. I think our goal changed the players' mindset to a "hang on to what we've got" and they dropped deeper inviting more pressure, as we have seen many times before. I'm not big on possession stats (look where possession got us in the play-off final!), but our inability to string even a handful of passes together was extremely frustrating. Nevertheless, we defended well and generally restricted them to long range efforts, and created some chances of our own (even if they were wasted). It was obviously not great but it was an improvement on the showing at Bristol.

37 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Gary's inability to change things is my biggest concern. We were getting run ragged in the first half and as far as I could see, we did nothing to shut Woods down. He ran the game completely.. He is exactly what we are missing in midfield. Gary, just watched and let it happen. Subs in the second half, again like for like really apart from Ledley coming off and Johnson dropping deeper but not real change in structure or style.

THIS - THIS all over

Playing Johnson as a number 10 makes sense IF you get him to sit on Woods, follow him around snapping at him - But he didn't - Johnson spent all game wandering around on his own not doing anything - May as well not have been on the pitch - Meanwhile we get to watch Woods running the game from a deep-lying midfield position where the entire ground can see that if you close him down you stifle their play - But apparently Gary was the one man there who couldn't see that!

I can't believe I'm saying this because I HATED the bloke - But I think we were better under Pearson than we were last night

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I would say so. I think they've been very unfortunate with their start to the season. 

They've been in control of pretty much every Championship game this season; consistently having the greater possession in their games and having the greater chances, but it's not lead to too much. 

I heard Rowett say the same thing last night.

Having researched their whole season to date, prior to our game, they have averaged 55% possession, I would hardly call that controlling every game.

Instead of him coming out saying we knew it would be a tough place to come based on last season, I would much rather have heard him saying that he knew they were struggling this season and we had looked to exploit that and get the fans on their back the way teams do to us.

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Instead of him coming out saying we knew it would be a tough place to come based on last season, I would much rather have heard him saying that he knew they were struggling this season and we had looked to exploit that and get the fans on their back the way teams do to us.

Be proactive? Make them worry about us? Nah.

12 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Yeah not sure about that sub. We were on the back foot for so long why not strengthen the defence for the last few minutes?

Imagine the outrage on here!!! Why are we going more defensive and conceding more possession and territory to a crap team like Brentford.

Brentford aren't crap team show some respect. 

Anyway we defend very well for 85 mins and Rowett made BIG MISTAKE for last sub to take Ledley off is disappointing, should have been Baird on rather than Vydra to be extra help at the back to see it out but it was too late. 

Please BRING BACK JOHNNY RUSSELL ASAP Gary and don't you dare start Weimann on Saturday oh and please drop Fozzy (shouldn't have started in the team yesterday tbh)

A draw at Brentford is hardly a disaster considering we lost 4-0 there in April. It appears the style of play isn't to everyone's liking but an away point is fine provided we can win our home games. Cardiff will be a test but I have seen us win there. My concern is the middle 2 in a 4-2-3-1 system need to be energetic and tenacious to cover the back 4 while pressing those in front of them up the pitch. A few years ago Middlesborough had Leadbetter and Clayton who played the role well. We don't have anyone of that ilk and the transfer window in my view was a disaster.

Archived