Derby County V Birmingham City

peachmyster

51 minutes ago, Simsy said:

What all 11?  No it's true his last 25 apps in all comps he only has 1 goal. Sky posted it a few games ago at 21. I would take you far more seriously if you admit Martin didn't play well or the fact he's off form.

Why do you bring up vydra? Does it satisfy you to try knock another's player to defend one you like?  

I agree we don't have a striker who will get 20+ this season and when I feel we do I will be sure to mention it. 

19 games since Martin scored. He has scored 1 for Scotland in that time, though. As a big Martin fan I have to admit he is out of form, but it is difficult to get in form coming on as a sub. He needs a goal, I bet inside he was cursing Winnall a bit as he was right behind him when he scored today.

Having said that he did ok against Barnsley set up 1 goal and had a big part in the other.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Oh year to the person saying masion bennet needs to score he did that against barnsley.

He did enough today to start in the next game

We were shocking. Huddlestone especially. Watching us now is horrendous viewing. If there's some kind of silver lining it needs to hurry up because I do not get what we are trying to do. 

I said this in June, July and August on this platform, the same post......

'All I want is to come to Rams games and watch performances thinking I know what we are trying to do here. I can see the point.' 

That's all I expected. Growth. 

But all I've experienced is disappointment. We flog Hughes, Ince, Christie.. get rid of Bryson and Butters. Creativity gone. 

The replacements have done absolutely nothing so far. We have lived off Vydra who is the only player to offer any sort of consistent showing. And I don't even rate him that highly. 

Huddlestone is horrific. I said it was a bad move the day he returned. Not because he's horrific, but because we didn't need that kind of player. At all. 

GR talked of young and hungry players, yet he's recruited (bar Lawrence) nothing of the sort. We are top heavy with ageing players on big money who don't seem that fussed. 

I sense another change at this rate. 

Yaaay for us.

7 hours ago, Ninos said:

Im afraid i've been too kind to Martin. What an utterly useless player he is, slow, lazy, and incapable. At best he can win a throw in. He's basically packed up playing football. Otherwise, too much lack of quality including what is sadly appearing to be a hardworking but mostly impotent Lawrence. 

Wisdom, Winnall need to be in there from the start. Davis immense.

There's only one thing more predictable than a dire Derby performance and that's a  Ninos scapegoating of a single Derby player when the whole lot were dunnage!!! 

Yes from as he offers pace and power down the wing. As every one saw he puts in decent crosses into the box.

But i would personal put some more under 23 players in the team

Tuesday perhaps have player just signed instead bradley johnson or perhaps drop tom Huddlestone as well and have thorn and max bird kid in the middle of the park.

2 hours ago, jono said:

I don't completely buy this contention that the midfield has been wrecked. Midfield has been a continuing problem for a long time. We have only had a brief period when Bryson / Hendrick + Thorne or Eustace were firing on all cylinders.( and without rose tinted specs that wasn't always the case )  and Yes there was the odd match too where Will's creativity gave us some thing different but our link between a sound enough back 4 and a competent attack has been fragile sometimes and one dimensional on others. 

True we lack dynamism and bite but previously we have been timid and at times plain lightweight. A bit of Will magic or 2014 Bryson energy might make the odd good game but don't solve the problem fundamentally :ph34r:

True. But we haven't even got that to build on now.

how could johnson be rated better than hughes or bryson?

5 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

We were shocking. Huddlestone especially. Watching us now is horrendous viewing. If there's some kind of silver lining it needs to hurry up because I do not get what we are trying to do. 

I said this in June, July and August on this platform, the same post......

'All I want is to come to Rams games and watch performances thinking I know what we are trying to do here. I can see the point.' 

That's all I expected. Growth. 

But all I've experienced is disappointment. We flog Hughes, Ince, Christie.. get rid of Bryson and Butters. Creativity gone. 

The replacements have done absolutely nothing so far. We have lived off Vydra who is the only player to offer any sort of consistent showing. And I don't even rate him that highly. 

Huddlestone is horrific. I said it was a bad move the day he returned. Not because he's horrific, but because we didn't need that kind of player. At all. 

GR talked of young and hungry players, yet he's recruited (bar Lawrence) nothing of the sort. We are top heavy with ageing players on big money who don't seem that fussed. 

I sense another change at this rate. 

Yaaay for us.

Correct! The truth is, you can chart this whole sorry saga back to the dismissal of Clememt IMO!  5th in the league at the time but playing a brand of football apparently not to everyone's liking! Hi Karumba! How much would you give to be in that position now? The fact is, he was taking us in a direction. He had a strategy and a plan! He had only the one transfer window and for the most part brought in real footballers showing good form, not hoofballers in the twilight of their careers. But he became the victim of an owner that payed way too much attention to twitter and forum opinions of b£&@ ends that know f£&@ all about football. AND WE WERE 5th FFS!!! It's clearly not the fault of fans who presumably only want the best for the club, but by the scapegoating of individual players, management, or general negativity, are having more sway than is healthy. The fault lies firmly at the doorstep of MM. time for him to go!!! Taking GR with him, and maybe Ninos???!!!

31 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Correct! The truth is, you can chart this whole sorry saga back to the dismissal of Clememt IMO!  5th in the league at the time but playing a brand of football apparently not to everyone's liking! Hi Karumba! How much would you give to be in that position now? The fact is, he was taking us in a direction. He had a strategy and a plan! He had only the one transfer window and for the most part brought in real footballers showing good form, not hoofballers in the twilight of their careers. But he became the victim of an owner that payed way too much attention to twitter and forum opinions of b£&@ ends that know f£&@ all about football. AND WE WERE 5th FFS!!! It's clearly not the fault of fans who presumably only want the best for the club, but by the scapegoating of individual players, management, or general negativity, are having more sway than is healthy. The fault lies firmly at the doorstep of MM. time for him to go!!! Taking GR with him, and maybe Ninos???!!!

Bunch of trash. Have you forgotten how mind numbingly boring Clement football was? And how unfit the players were? Rowett is Pep Guardiola compared to him. 

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Bunch of trash. Have you forgotten how mind numbingly boring Clement football was? And how unfit the players were? Rowett is Pep Guardiola compared to him. 

Ninos, this is why you lose all credibility on this forum! Forget your vitriolic scapegoating of individual players when things aren't quite going you way! You just know absolutely nack all about football. To suggest we're  better off now than under clement is not just fanciful twaddle, it's statistically garbage!! Apart from the Hull game, this season has been as entertaining as watching paint dry! GR will be gone in a month and you know it!!! Or maybe you don't!!!

17 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Ninos, this is why you lose all credibility on this forum! Forget your vitriolic scapegoating of individual players when things aren't quite going you way! You just know absolutely nack all about football. To suggest we're  better off now than under clement is not just fanciful twaddle, it's statistically garbage!! Apart from the Hull game, this season has been as entertaining as watching paint dry! GR will be gone in a month and you know it!!! Or maybe you don't!!!

Sure. Paint drying defines Clement football. I really don't give a monkeys about forum credibility favourable or unfavorable. Plus I wasn't aware you were one who articulates the forum consensus - presumably which is according to you that Clement was really good. Get a grip on reality. Recall he got worse and worse as the season went on - that's not the sign of a good manager. Repeat posters on this forum have vociferously defended Martin Butterfield Camara Warnock Weimann and Bent at various points - all non impact players who've garnished zero interest from top teams. Now you want to add Clement ? Yes he got a job at Swansea - lucky for him - but have you seen what hes doing with them? Are they improving ? Is he taking them down ? What they did in their most recent match v Spurs was an embarrassment to football -  negative beyond belief. 

I'm not pleased with losing Hughes Ince Christie and Bryso but he is smart (Winnall Wisdom Davies all very good pickups) and he will soon sort out the poor player accumulation mess that your boys Clement Mac and Pearson created for us. 

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Sure. Paint drying defines Clement football. I really don't give a monkeys about forum credibility favourable or unfavorable. Plus I wasn't aware you were one who articulates the forum consensus - presumably which is according to you that Clement was really good. Get a grip on reality. Recall he got worse and worse as the season went on - that's not the sign of a good manager. Repeat posters on this forum have vociferously defended Martin Butterfield Camara Warnock Weimann and Bent at various points - all non impact players who've garnished zero interest from top teams. Now you want to add Clement ? Yes he got a job at Swansea - lucky for him - but have you seen what hes doing with them? Are they improving ? Is he taking them down ? What they did in their most recent match v Spurs was an embarrassment to football -  negative beyond belief. 

I'm not pleased with losing Hughes Ince Christie and Bryso but he is smart (Winnall Wisdom Davies all very good pickups) and he will soon sort out the poor player accumulation mess that your boys Clement Mac and Pearson created for us. 

So you're happy with the way the season's going then? And in Rowett's transfer window? You fancy us for a top 6 finish? 

Archived