Derby County V Birmingham City

peachmyster

32 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

"Embarrassing" apparently, that we controlled the game and got a point against an expensively-assembled Birmingham side who came for a draw. Our fans are c***s aren't they.

Lol. Yes you listened to GRs interview didn't you.

controlled the game my arse.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Looks like he's doubting his own decissions which is never a good sign

That's how I interpreted it ER, it's all well and good pleading for him to be given time but if he doesn't know his arse from his elbow how long do you give him ?

* I do not advocate a change of manager by the way, somebody's got to be given time, it might as well be him, but I do think he flatters to deceive and don't expect any progress under his management. 

Jesus,just back and I really don't know where to start..

Perhaps by saying that was the worst match I've seen at pride park since pre maclaren (1) and even duller than a Clough( 2) match.

A complete borefest of boring back pass and sideways hoofball,mostly misplaced passes,of which,about ten percent were played to feet.

The only excitement came in the form of two goals within five minutes and the improved performance when Martin,winnall and mason came on....for a brief time,some actual ball to feet passing took place.....the system was still crap however and despite those three,the pace slowed to a crawl again.

Really can't even begin to blame the players for this...nobody looked like they knew what they were doing(despite the "settled" starting 11) and were clearly being asked to repeatedly smash square bricks into round holes.

Anybody who repeats the mantra that the players aren't trying hard enough deserve a kick up the arse themselves.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Jesus,just back and I really don't know where to start..

Perhaps by saying that was the worst match I've seen at pride park since pre maclaren.

A complete dullfest of boring back pass and sideways hoofball,mostly misplaced passes,of which,about ten percent were played to feet.

The only excitement came in the form of two goals within five minutes and the improved performance when Martin,winnall and mason came on....for a brief time,some actual ball to feet passing took place.....the system was still crap however and despite those three,the pace slowed to a crawl again.

Really can't even begin to blame the players for this...nobody looked like they knew what they were doing(despite the "settled" starting 11) and were clearly being asked to repeatedly smash square bricks into round holes.

Anybody who repeats the mantra that the players aren't trying hard enough deserve a kick up the arse themselves.

Mac 1 or Mac 2?

Today just confirmed my thoughts that with the players we have we simply have to play 442 at present 

today as expected we were overrun in midfield with no chance of ever winning a second ball in that area

carson - ok

Baird - ok but surely we need wisdom there if he is fit

keogh - my man of the match for us 

Davies - ok

olson - ok but if Forsyth is fit he should start in my opinion

johnson - ok but still can't pass and overrun

huddlestone - ok but overrun in midfield 

lawrence - looks ok but not influencing games is he?

wieman - invisible 

vvydra - ineffective 

nugent - lonely 

subs - 

martin - held the ball up nicely at times and one good clearing header but we need to actually pass the ball to him

winnall  - scored ! Tries hard please let him start a game? 

Bennett - did more in twenty seconds than wieman did all game

we are simply not hard working enough at the right times, please can we go 442 and fill the spaces in.

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Players looked knackered. Keogh said pre match they’d done a lot of running. Clearly had a negative impact. 

Huddlestone was shocking. Worst I’ve ever seen him play. Was absolutely dead on his feet

Huddlestone is taking the piss,he is just here on a two year jolly.

38 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

"Embarrassing" apparently, that we controlled the game and got a point against an expensively-assembled Birmingham side who came for a draw. Our fans are c***s aren't they.

You have an interesting idea of "control" if you think we controlled the game. We didn't even control the game when we beat Hull 5-0. It's just "kick and rush" ...if we continue with this we have a relegation fight ahead. Seriously flawed tactics Mr Rowett. 

10 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Just got home ( well pub over the road) I don’t think I’ve felt this depressed after watching a game of football. It was dire from both teams. IF I was forced to pick positives out of that. Probably Masons appearance as sub, even if he did blow his one chance. I just don’t know what to suggest. We can’t sack another manager and obviously need to change formation but I’m not sure what to. Might be worth trying a 3/5/2 especially in the next 2 away days.            

Carson

Wisdom.    Davis.      Keough

lawrance hudds Johnson Ledley Olsen

Vydra           Winnall 

I’m not sure I like it myself but can’t think of anything better to get anything from our next 2 games. Anyone else got anything more positive to offer??                   

Considering we are carrying some players and we are away next week

Carson

wisdom  Keogh Davies Forsyth 

lawrence Huddlestone Ledley Johnson 

Martin winnall 

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

It is simply not good enough. We should be beating teams like this 

Having doubts now over GR

What took you so long? I hope that I have a faceful of egg, but I cannot see us progressing under Gary Rowett.

3 minutes ago, superzak said:

Its time for Nigels return.He knows how to get rid of deadwood hes done it before.

Deadwood isn't our problem. We have a squad that most Championship managers would give a b******* for. Getting them to play with energy and cohesion is the challenge. 

3 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Huddlestone is taking the piss,he is just here on a two year jolly.

In fairness to Huddlestone the system isn't exactly helping him out. He's a fantastic player but you really have to think about how your going to use him and compensate his lack of mobility. 

Rowett didn't and now we shall proceed to got overrun in midfield.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I amended it?

I know its easy to have a reaction like that but there have certainly been worse games since Mac 1 took over.

Derby 0 MK Dons 1 (Wassall)

Derby 0 Birmingham 3 (Clement)

Derby 0 Reading 3 (Mcclaren)

Just a few that spring to mind.

(Derby 0 - Hull 3 - Just thought of that one - Wassall)

The big worry is Rowett does not know his best side so plays safe and names unchanged.

The biggest problem no one is mobile in midfield people just stroll past johnson and Huddlestone.

Perhaps for now he should go 442 because this is simply not working

For me it's time for the bench for Huddlestone

Archived