Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wolfie said:

That's not in dispute.

What is in dispute is singling individuals out for criticism when none of us know the facts.....and presumably never will.

We are where we are. Lessons must be learned (a phrase I hate but is true none the less) and hopefully we won't need to go back for him in Jan because one of our kids has cemented a place in the squad.

I'm not singling out anybody but I would say that it's been naively handled by Derby County. 

One of our 23s will have to sink or swim as I can't believe Huddlestone or Johnson will still stay fit until January window but we just loaned out our best one in Elsnik IMO .

I suppose we could utilize  Callum McDonald or as I've said play Baird who could do a job if fit .

Thorne may get fit very soon which would be good but putting pressure on him again was just what Rowett didn't want to do. 

Anyhow lets  win tonight I'm looking forward to it still and hope we play well and Lawrence is as good as they say  

Up the Rams 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, who knows. 

Clearly the club thought a full season out on loan was best for Elsnik's development. The fact we tried to sign Keith says this situation wasn't intended, had he arrived Elsnik's chances of game time would be slim.

Nobody is saying any of this is ideal but it is where we are now, moan, groan or deal with it. Rowett will have no choice but to deal with it.

3 points tonight would be nice way of putting all this behind us. reckon we can agree on that? :) 

3 points would be brilliant mate. 

Totally agree on that and I still like Gary Rowett but he is making life difficult for himself  .

Up the Rams 

19 hours ago, inter politics said:

Just shows the perils of doing last minute deals.

Gary said he wanted to have different kind of options but in midfield (if this doesn't go through and even if it does, I think we might be one short) compared to last season, our options now are worryingly limited. I understand why players have to go, whether it be loss of form, not suiting style of play or high earners but without sufficient replacements, we may of severely handicapped ourselves.

Looks like GR has severely shot himself in the foot. :mellow:

17 minutes ago, curtains said:

Love you're optimism about Bird and Guy but IMO Elsnik was well ahead of them prior to this window

Guy is obviously further ahead in the thoughts of the club as they loaned him out to a league 1 club last season and Elsnik to a league 2 club.

GR, if you're reading this, centre mid is my position and I used to be pretty good. I'm 52 now but still the old magic is there and I'm a lot more mobile than Huddlestone. I'll have me boots with me tonight, SW Upper stand, Block E, row t seat 119. Just gives us the nod before the match and I'll be doin' a few stretches...

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Guy is obviously further ahead in the thoughts of the club as they loaned him out to a league 1 club last season and Elsnik to a league 2 club.

Nothing against Callum Guy and I wished him well when he went to Port Vale on loan where he played 11 games  .

I just thought Elsnik looked technically a better midfielder.

Guy is an all action diving in running around type which is probably what we need .

If he's fit he will have to play and I hope he does well  

I don't see a huge opportunity for a sprog.

when i've seen Guy he was more of an attacking midfielder.

hanson is the obvious candidate for DM

we'll plod on with huddlestone and johnson.....plus eventually george.

anyone else is 4th choice anyway.

selling hughes and bryson means there is no obvious understudy to vydra, but keiththebellend wasn't the answer there.

we may have to use nugent?

Conclusion: the squad looks more of a mess now than it did at the beginning of the window, but hughes is the player we should be upset about. Not Keith.

Guy, Elsnik, Bird, it's ok seeing them play for the U23's in front of a couple hundred people at Pride Park or 50 odd at Moor Farm, stepping out in front of 30,000 fans that will let you know at half time if they are not happy is a completely different beast.

What we won't know is what these players are like mentally, are they ready for that, can they block out the moans and groans and carry on playing or will they fade out of games, not take their opportunities and drop out the game completely.

This is where you put your trust in the management team at both first team and U23 level to do what is right by these players. Guy will have sampled this competitive football atmosphere all be it in front of a few thousand less. Elsnik hasn't. He could go out and become a star for Swindon this season, come back and walk into our team. 

Doesn't mean we was wrong to let him go out as this could be the making of him, he might not have needed this season out on loan. What works for one doesn't work for another.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Nothing against Callum Guy and I wished him well when he went to Port Vale on loan where he played 11 games  .

I just thought Elsnik looked technically a better midfielder.

Guy is an all action diving in running around type which is probably what we need .

If he's fit he will have to play and I hope he does well  

I know you have nothing against Guy, just pointing out that the club think he is further along than Elsnik, and possibly closer to the first team with Rowett saying that if Guy was to go out on loan then it would be to a top league 1 side, and Elsnik going to league 2.

I haven't really been on here much over the last week so only read the last few pages of this thread. Seems like the usual type of thread we get when there are no recent performances to moan about.

Forgive me if I've missed something, but am I right in saying in that we've only got Hudds, Johnson, Thorne, Hanson plus some kids to play in the 2 midfield roles? And only Vydra, Anya, Russell, Martin, Nugent, Lawerence, Weimann and new Sheff Wed guy to play in the front 4 positions?

What a total cck up. Why haven't we got many more high earners to sit on the bench?

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

I know you have nothing against Guy, just pointing out that the club think he is further along than Elsnik, and possibly closer to the first team with Rowett saying that if Guy was to go out on loan then it would be to a top league 1 side, and Elsnik going to league 2.

The point is although I like Rowett he has no idea on the U23s and should be relying on information coming from Wassall who does have a very good idea. 

Clearly Darren Wassall is having input on what is better for these players and I'm fine with that .   

Calum  McDonald is a very good option also in midfield but has played a lot at LB  .

Hanson is the best option if fit though from the U23s 

Given this fiasco and given that Johnson isn't a great fit to partner Huddlestone, I think I'd be tempted to either give Guy or Hanson a solid run of 5 or so games to see if they can cut it because tbh I think the only avenue I see where things come together for a successful season relies on one of those two stepping up.

31 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I haven't really been on here much over the last week so only read the last few pages of this thread. Seems like the usual type of thread we get when there are no recent performances to moan about.

Forgive me if I've missed something, but am I right in saying in that we've only got Hudds, Johnson, Thorne, Hanson plus some kids to play in the 2 midfield roles? And only Vydra, Anya, Russell, Martin, Nugent, Lawerence, Weimann and new Sheff Wed guy to play in the front 4 positions?

What a total cck up. Why haven't we got many more high earners to sit on the bench?

Lucky you.

28 minutes ago, curtains said:

The point is although I like Rowett, he has no idea on the U23s and should be relying on information coming from Wassall who does have a very good idea. 

Clearly Darren Wassall is having input on what is better for these players and I'm fine with that .   

Calum  McDonald is a very good option also in midfield but has played a lot at LB  .

Hanson is the best option if fit though from the U23s 

Top level trolling!!!  Are you telling me, he doesn't see them day in day out and monitors their progress???  I'd wager he knows a humongous amount more about those players than you do.  As for player ins & outs, the buck stops with the 1st team manager...

Archived