Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You are wrong as l will be shouting the lads on, but l will be watching using a medium that suits my personal circumstances. 

Ok that's fair enough but I don't see it like you do that people in general are having a dig at the club but I do see frustration on here at the bizarre set of circumstances that can be soul destroying for avid Derby County Fans who want the club to do well and wait all week to support their beloved team. 

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Butterfield was completed as Winnall was completed as they went hand in hand. Rowett has openly said he would have held out longer on Bryson so it went hand in hand with Kieftenbeld but had to let Bryson go through earlier due to it being classed as an international transfer

What Rowett tells the media is aimed to protect him and to serve his interests. 

They cocked up. 

But it's done now. Nothing we can do now. My focus shifts to PP tomorrow night. 

Thought Rowetts radio derby interview was quite telling ... reiterating what dcfc just said, looks like he was elated to get Butterfield out and for Winnall! Strikers at a premium. He also seems like if he knew keft would collapse he'd retract the Bryson move but that it was done earlier in the day because of Welsh timelines. He mentioned Bryson's workrate attitude etc and you couldn't help but contrast to the "other" guy - you know the guy that couldn't pass Wednesday off the park. Not too pleased about keft obviously but that's the nature of the transfer window game. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not sure if this has been posted here yet but, Steve Nicholsan seemed to intimate on Twitter that Derby would explore the possibility of bringing in a free agent to fill Kieftenbeld's place (Joe Ledley being the suggestion). 

Rowett has said that we will explore the possibilities of free transfers on the pre Hull match interview.

49 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Some people on here actually want Derby to fail. They're delighted this has happened as because they are desperate to moan, they are born negative!! Have a word with yourselves those people!!

That said, I'm normally a positive poster but this has pissed me off royally! This is a c*** up of epic proportions and we will be deservedly a laughing stock for a few weeks.

The worst thing about it for me is we sold Bryson, the only senior midfielder with any energy!! Why could we have not made a rational decision that if Kieftenbeld wasn't lined up by the time Bryson's deal needed to be done then we don't complete?!!  

Huddlestone and Johnson doesn't work, Johnson is useless, there is no other word to describe him...my opinion but I'll need to get behind him now,  although I hope this means Guy will be given a chance. 

It's still been a reasonable window for Derby and we have been far more of a shambles in the past (selling rasiak without replacement) but it's still not good.

Furthermore, with some of the ridiculous negativity around, Rowett has just made the next 4 months a lot harder than it would've been. He will need results more than ever as the negative vultures will be out (wrongly!)

This smacks of hypocrisy. You slate people for being negative, and then take this chance to be negative and call Johnson useless? 

6 hours ago, rynny said:

Bit difficult when they are in England and the player is in Holland.

I disagree. The onus is on the signing club - our legal responsibilities.... in essence would you represent and follow on a deal for something that you hadn't reviewed? I think some people are not in the real world. The secretary or someone must be reprimanded for such an idol mistake.

Was  Elsniks loan a youth loan if so then this part of youth loans rules from the EFL may help if  we inserted one but knowing us we didn't.

53.3.10 Emergency Loans and Youth Loans may contain a break clause but only where that break clause is exercisable after the expiry of the initial 28 day period of the loan.

8 minutes ago, ramma said:

Mel 'apparently' cares about the youth setup so when Bird has the chance to step up of course we're going to sign an immobile 30 year old for 30k pw. 

Or an experienced player who was a PL regular for four years, has played in the Champions League and the semis of the European Championships vs a player who isn't even 17 until later this month. He has plenty of opportunities to break through.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Or an experienced player who was a PL regular for four years, has played in the Champions League and the semis of the European Championships vs a player who isn't even 17 until later this month. He has plenty of opportunities to break through.

How are any of the academy supposed to break through if we keep signing ageing players looking for their last payday?! Blocks their pathway to the first time. We're supposed to be on an economy drive but nothing that comes out of the club surprises me. Completely contradictory

11 minutes ago, Sir Ramalot said:

I disagree. The onus is on the signing club - our legal responsibilities.... in essence would you represent and follow on a deal for something that you hadn't reviewed? I think some people are not in the real world. The secretary or someone must be reprimanded for such an idol mistake.

Birmingham's fault. They employ Benny from Crossroads to teach their foreigners English....

19 minutes ago, ramma said:

Mel 'apparently' cares about the youth setup so when Bird has the chance to step up of course we're going to sign an immobile 30 year old for 30k pw. 

I know you're desperate for a pop at Mel but, as previously stated multiple times in this thread alone, Bird is a left-back. 

33 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Thought Rowetts radio derby interview was quite telling ... reiterating what dcfc just said, looks like he was elated to get Butterfield out and for Winnall! Strikers at a premium. He also seems like if he knew keft would collapse he'd retract the Bryson move but that it was done earlier in the day because of Welsh timelines. He mentioned Bryson's workrate attitude etc and you couldn't help but contrast to the "other" guy - you know the guy that couldn't pass Wednesday off the park. Not too pleased about keft obviously but that's the nature of the transfer window game. 

IMG_0655.GIF.b49e657e431b5a6b0ec4de0ad62d635e.GIF

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

My main worry now is that if we still want to sign him in Janunary his fee will be massive.

In just 7 days he has gone from a last minute panic buy who can't pass a ball to the Messiah who was going to lead us to promotion, if he keeps on improving at this rate we could be looking at a world record transfer fee.

Surely you realise he is a hybrid of pirlo,  kante and with a sprinkling of Lothar matthaus :lol:

By January he will have added the skills of Patrick viera and Paul pogba. 

19 minutes ago, Sir Ramalot said:

Chances are the club sent over the paperwork to Kieftenbeld to sign and asked him to send it straight to the FA/EFL to save time.

Archived