Bryson memories

TuffLuff

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when he was just five years old, he was such a wee little fellow... a bit like he is now... and he had no front teeth... a bit like he is now... and he ran around energetically all day without going anywhere... a bit like he does now.

He did like chopping down trees though.

Rowett has said on Rams TV he's got rid because we didn't have offers for other players he wanted to shift.

Several highlights against Forest. Had a bit of bite at times in those games as well Red Dogs I know hate him and for that reason I will always love him.

Great servant, value for money most definitely.

I have the boots he wore for that tree-felling hat-trick. And what small feet he has! A top, top guy and it's typical of his generosity that he was prepared to part with them.

Wish him well - he's been a great servant. Maybe he'll surprise some of you and come back stronger? He loves the club but has gone because he wants to play regular football and I think that's always something to be commended. And it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Cardiff finish above us this season.

Ironically, he's been a huge part of a Derby team striving for promotion - and has now gone to Cardiff who have a manager who will get the best out of him again and no doubt take Cardiff up.

I only hope he returns at the end of his spell, fit and with a know how on how to take a team up.

8 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Ironically, he's been a huge part of a Derby team striving for promotion - and has now gone to Cardiff who have a manager who will get the best out of him again and no doubt take Cardiff up.

I only hope he returns at the end of his spell, fit and with a know how on how to take a team up.

It's a good move for him.  Cardiff will prob go up.

I wonder what would have happened if Mel had picked Warnock instead of Pearson last Summer.  That was supposedly the choice he had.

51 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I wonder what would have happened if Mel had picked Warnock instead of Pearson last Summer.  That was supposedly the choice he had.

Who knows but I personally love Warnock. Most hate him but I'm sure when he's your own manager he's brilliant fun.

We'd have gone up under Warnock I'm sure.

Remember when Russell signed and they were saying how Bryson took the time to pick him up and show him around the club and the city. Sounds like a proper decent bloke and the sort of attitude/character every football club needs around. Can see what Clough saw in him in that respect. A proper club player.

He loves Derby County. Hope to see him around the club in years to come. 

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

I seem to remember Warnock had just left Rotherham after keeping them up, and considering his retirement?

Just read his Wikipedia page, and it is glorious.

Anyway, back on topic - it would have to be Deforestation Day. His partnership and understanding with Martin was a joy to watch.

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He has in a way...it's a grieving process when you lose a player you really feel passionately about..

Oh well,just have to wait for Mac 3?

A fight to get him back in January, offer him a new substantial contract only to fail to get him back before the window closes. Get sacked before the season ends.

Archived