Sam Winnall & Jacob Butterfield - loan swap confirmed

Nuwtfly

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the comments and to fair I was fairly happy to hear them because Rowett acknowledged that buttercup contributed very little in a positive way whenever he was in the game - can't head can't tackle can't pass forwards and never actually looked as if he wanted too from the moment he walks onto the pitch, some people said Ince would look miserable at times well Butterfield looked it all the time.

i hope he does well at sheff Wednesday and they buy him ( or anyone else can buy him) but I can't see their manager lasting the season especially if Butterfield does as he has here.

I've defended Butterfield over the last couple of years, cos I have always seen glimpses of a potentially quality footballer. I don't think he's slow, and I think he's very good technically. Passing range is there, movement and reading the game, execution of the kick/pass. He only lacked tackling really. I reckon he never played in his natural and most effective position.

BUT, he's not shown much intelligence with his comments, he must know all clubs have fans that will twist even the most innocent of comments, but he's left himself wide open to poor reactions. I now don't particularly want to see him back at Derby now, even though I hoped he would be a key player.

5 hours ago, Moist One said:

I've defended Butterfield over the last couple of years, cos I have always seen glimpses of a potentially quality footballer. I don't think he's slow, and I think he's very good technically. Passing range is there, movement and reading the game, execution of the kick/pass. He only lacked tackling really. I reckon he never played in his natural and most effective position.

BUT, he's not shown much intelligence with his comments, he must know all clubs have fans that will twist even the most innocent of comments, but he's left himself wide open to poor reactions. I now don't particularly want to see him back at Derby now, even though I hoped he would be a key player.

Great post spot on 

so it turns out he has been massively misquoted and misrepresented, according to the commentator yesterday.

Butterfields's comment was surmised as him saying "Derby's style of play wasn't suited to my game.. which meant I wasn't going to play... and I didn't want to sit on the bench..."

I'd like to see/hear the full interview before condemning him.

3 minutes ago, Moist One said:

so it turns out he has been massively misquoted and misrepresented, according to the commentator yesterday.

Butterfields's comment was surmised as him saying "Derby's style of play wasn't suited to my game.. which meant I wasn't going to play... and I didn't want to sit on the bench..."

I'd like to see/hear the full interview before condemning him.

On 9 September 2017 at 06:32, RamNut said:

Butterfield is right.

we are playing a more physical longer ball game and he would have been on the bench. 

I haven't got a problem with that.

On 9 September 2017 at 09:41, RamNut said:

All he's saying is....he wasn't going to be playing.

As Boycie pointed out, he played plenty of long, forward passes in those Barnsley and Huddersfield highlights videos, and that was in a midfield 2 to boot. In fact, when he first came here he said he had to learn how to play in a midfield 3 and push forward.

Our current formation and style should suit him ok, depending on who his partner is. He's probably more of a 4-4-2 player but 4-2-3-1 is not tottally different. It's just that Huddlestone (and Thorne when he's back) are better at it.

Archived