Sam Winnall & Jacob Butterfield - loan swap confirmed

Nuwtfly

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andicis said:

The way I would do it is to upload the image to imgur, and then use the link from imgur to attach it to the forum.

Cheers. Bit beyond my tech level though.

Anyway, I liked him and was really good in the air for such a puny guy!! Also he used to drive Ashley Fletcher to McDonalds at the end of my street after training

2 minutes ago, dingleram said:

I'm 5 10 and he is definitely a few inches smaller than that

3 minutes ago, dingleram said:

Cheers. Bit beyond my tech level though.

Anyway, I liked him and was really good in the air for such a puny guy!! Also he used to drive Ashley Fletcher to McDonalds at the end of my street after training

How much have you watched of him? Do you think he is a good addition? I'll take your word for it, I was a bit surprised when you said he was short at 5'11, but I think somebody has made a mistake on the wiki! 

I really think Sam could be a good player for us...especially after hearing his interview after signing ... a player who's worked hard and been at several clubs and had to prove himself and had a few knock backs  and yet really keen to get goals for us and seems a genuine type of lad....he was very good at Barnsley and always thought he had a natural eye for goal....good luck Sam.... I get the impression you're going to give it your all from what you said....could be a very astute signing   :thumbsup:

I know nothing but was chatting to long time wendies ST holder tonight and He is seriously popular ... Might be some tears in S6 today 

but then again we might say the same about Bryso ... Hummmm .. But encouraging that GR isn't doing half measures and wants HIS team 

this window has been really interesting .. Not for marquee signings but for re shaping without net shed loads of money being spent.

interesting times. 

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

How much have you watched of him? Do you think he is a good addition? I'll take your word for it, I was a bit surprised when you said he was short at 5'11, but I think somebody has made a mistake on the wiki! 

He is surprisingly strong and good in the air for his size and build, and he's fairly quick. He plays best in a two, on the shoulder of the last defender and seems to be able to stay onside

we need goals , more direct football instead of passing balls with no end product  goals excite fans ,get results hopefully get us closer to where we want to be .Also not spending stupid money like villa ,wolves and birmingham will keep us within FFP and next year some players on  big money like russell,bent, bryson, baird , shacknell will make more room for players to come in 

I like Winnall a lot, but was this necessary? I mean, we now have Martin, Nugent, Winnall and Bent after Christmas for the same one position. How can we keep them all happy, surely we have too much? 

Dont want to get slated for criticising the transfer, I mean at the end of the day we got rid of Butterfield so it ain't all bad. But another centre forward just seems a bit uneccesary. Shame they didn't want to loan us a winger. 

Archived