Craig Bryson - signed for Cardiff season long loan

Cam the Ram

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

Amazing the stick Martin gets. He cost us NOTHING!!!...scored goals...assitsted loads...and yet still gets stick. The toxic atmosphere towards the players is pathetic. Its been heard in the dressing room. People need to stop it. You can say all you like how much they get paid...blah blah blah...anybody that cheers a Derby player being subbed is an absoute tool in my opinion.

Great post, you get a like from me, agree with every word you say, also Martin free transfer, also got 3 million loan deal from Fulham, been our top scorer in 3 seasons out of 4, and was a great signing by Mr Clough, yet some people still boo him, those fans that do this are a joke, and no fa all  about the game.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be a great move for Bryson. He has been an excellent servant to the club and I wish him well if this move comes about.

He needs first team football and he needs to play for a manager who appreciates his qualities, believes in him, and will make him a key player. He has a point to prove and impressing for Burton would do that and more!

The Bryson of five years ago would be a perfect fit for a Rowett team but now I think the club and the player have outgrown each other.

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If he is going on loan to Burton doesnt that kund of suggest the level perceive him to be at now? Otherwise surely a bigger team would be in for him, even someone like Birmingham or Sunderland who are short on numbers

Or the club has learnt from last season and not send good players to promotion rivals?

PistoldPete2

Bryson has done very little in the last three years , even so right now he is the most mobile of our front line midfielders. The last thing we need right now is to make our midfield less mobile so I hope we have a replacement lined up, 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Bryson has done very little in the last three years , even so right now he is the most mobile of our front line midfielders. The last thing we need right now is to make our midfield less mobile so I hope we have a replacement lined up, 

Part of the reason Bryson hasn't lived up to his free scoring season is due to the fact we have had a string of managers who don't play to his strengths.

It still riles me that he scored 16 goals, 2 hat tricks and then the following season he was told to sit and allow Hendrick to attack.

Makes me laugh some of these comments about, ahh I'd rather give butterfield away. Imo out of him Bryson and Johnson he's the better player, just lacking the confidence and who wouldn't when he's gets the treatment he does from our supporters. 

I agree that fans should be able to voice their opinion on the players, particularly when they are on the money they are, but they are only human, negativity will affect them just as it does the rest of us. 

You never know, if we put as much effort in to supporting the players as we do booing and jeering them, we may notice a difference.

We are a bit hit and miss at the moment but we all have the same aim and that it for the team to win and be in the Prem. We must get behind the team and stop this moaning and getting at the players. 

We are one team as supporters we have an important job at the matches and on these boards and that is to support the Rams and get at the opposition 

COYR

9 hours ago, Mistaram said:

You are right all three should go Rush should never have given Martin a three year £2.5 million contract afraid we are lumbered with him He's gone 19 league games for Derby without scoring in fact I'm struggling to remember his last shot on target 

The problem is a lot of derby fans can't let go of the past. The three players mentioned were part of the last good time we had and people are clinging on hoping to recreate it. It's not going to happen and we need to move on, the players have been found out and they have no element of surprise about them now. Hence Russell only one goal last season, Martin not scoring for 19 games and Bryson not having a double figure goal season again. 

I have been a fan of all of these players at some point in the past, but at some point we do need to move on and start to create a new team and style. 

1 hour ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

Makes me laugh some of these comments about, ahh I'd rather give butterfield away. Imo out of him Bryson and Johnson he's the better player, just lacking the confidence and who wouldn't when he's gets the treatment he does from our supporters. 

I agree that fans should be able to voice their opinion on the players, particularly when they are on the money they are, but they are only human, negativity will affect them just as it does the rest of us. 

You never know, if we put as much effort in to supporting the players as we do booing and jeering them, we may notice a difference.

After all, don't put the blame on them.

1 hour ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

Makes me laugh some of these comments about, ahh I'd rather give butterfield away. Imo out of him Bryson and Johnson he's the better player, just lacking the confidence and who wouldn't when he's gets the treatment he does from our supporters......

Thing with Butters is that he's never consistently shown the quality we thought we were buying - has he been lacking confidence because of the fans for the entire time? Suspect it's more that he simply can't hack the level of expectation that pulling the Rams shirt on entails. He was a big fish in a small pond at Huddersfield - that changed when he joined us and it seems he's never come to terms with what's needed.

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Thing with Butters is that he's never consistently shown the quality we thought we were buying - has he been lacking confidence because of the fans for the entire time? Suspect it's more that he simply can't hack the level of expectation that pulling the Rams shirt on entails. He was a big fish in a small pond at Huddersfield - that changed when he joined us and it seems he's never come to terms with what's needed.

I think the problem appears to be that none of our midfield players look like they have free rein to get forward and join the attack.

Bryson used to thrive in this role and Butterfield was known for his long range shooting

At present we have two or three  (depending on formation) midfield players who stick to the half way line, paralysed by the fear they won't have the pace to track back if we lose possession.

To compound this, we have attacking players who regularly lose possession.

I'd be gutted if Bryson did leave. I know a lot of people question what it is he brings to the team and admittedly he hasn't reached the heights of 13/14 but you can't say he's not passionate about Derby County. I hear no end of people moaning about players 'picking up their pay cheque', yet Bryson is a willing runner and so passionate about our club.  

Thanks to him for his attitude and what he's done for us, but effectively we're a different team now and he's a different player. Time to move on, develop other players we have, and if possible get a fee before he becomes too old or injury prone.

I think if we reduced the fee, he would take a serious wage cut to move permanently to Burton. If we release him with no cost to ourselves it still saves us a million this season. People are a lot more open to that if a move is all but certain.

39 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I spoke to a Huddersfield season ticket holder a week ago and this was exactly his take on Butterfield - that he might excel on a poor team where he's the focal point. But not when he's not the big fish in a small pond (he used exactly that analogy). He also said that Butterfield would hamper wagners style of play were he still there and that they got top money for him.

31 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

What were we actually buying? He came to be noticed for a few long range goals at Barnsley so Norwich took a gamble on him but he never hardly played as deemed not good enough then he was sold at a loss to Middlesbrough but hardly played and was swapped at a loss with Huddersfield where he did enough to help keep them out of the bottom six so we purchased him for a lot and expected him to improve? Well he did his best and we made it to the play offs once with him in the team so the reality is that we will sell him at a loss disappointingly but not surprisingly 

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Thanks to him for his attitude and what he's done for us, but effectively we're a different team now and he's a different player. Time to move on, develop other players we have, and if possible get a fee before he becomes too old or injury prone.

I think if we reduced the fee, he would take a serious wage cut to move permanently to Burton. If we release him with no cost to ourselves it still saves us a million this season. People are a lot more open to that if a move is all but certain.

It's like every player and every position if we are able to improve on them/ it, then do so but I don't see the likes of Butterfield and Johnson playing regularly an improvement? If we were intending on promoting someone from the under23s then ok I'd go for it. Bryson has been another excellent signing for Derby and shows what you can find and I am currently sure that he would outshine our central midfielders in terms of ground covered and goals scored this season if he moved to Burton.

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I spoke to a Huddersfield season ticket holder a week ago and this was exactly his take on Butterfield - that he might excel on a poor team where he's the focal point. But not when he's not the big fish in a small pond (he used exactly that analogy). He also said that Butterfield would hamper wagners style of play were he still there and that they got top money for him.

Only one club was a winner in that deal! As my above post tries to highlight 

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

What were we actually buying? He came to be noticed for a few long range goals at Barnsley so Norwich took a gamble on him but he never hardly played as deemed not good enough then he was sold at a loss to Middlesbrough but hardly played and was swapped at a loss with Huddersfield where he did enough to help keep them out of the bottom six so we purchased him for a lot and expected him to improve? Well he did his best and we made it to the play offs once with him in the team so the reality is that we will sell him at a loss disappointingly but not surprisingly 

It's like every player and every position if we are able to improve on them/ it, then do so but I don't see the likes of Butterfield and Johnson playing regularly an improvement? If we were intending on promoting someone from the under23s then ok I'd go for it. Bryson has been another excellent signing for Derby and shows what you can find and I am currently sure that he would outshine our central midfielders in terms of ground covered and goals scored this season if he moved to Burton.

But he won't do that here, at least I don't think. Needs a new challenge and somewhere he is appreciated and utilised properly.

Here we ask him to fit a system, Burton would change their system to fit him.

Archived