Craig Bryson - signed for Cardiff season long loan

Cam the Ram

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

True but don't think the centre midfield is an area we are that blessed with already, never mind if one of them is to depart.

It's not, but it's also not a position we're short in either in terms of numbers. Now if Johnson or Butterfield were also to leave as well as Bryson we would need to look at bringing in a replacement but just the one.

4-2-3-1 appears to be the favoured formation, with Huddlestone, Johnson, Butterfield, Hanson, Thorne on the comeback and Elsnik knocking on the door you can't argue the numbers are not there.

Would we like better yes, but that's football. The numbers must come down though.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, David said:

4-2-3-1 appears to be the favoured formation, with Huddlestone, Johnson, Butterfield, Hanson, Thorne on the comeback and Elsnik knocking on the door you can't argue the numbers are not there.

Numbers yes, quality no. Thorne, Huddz and Elsnick for one spot of the two and who else?

54 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

What a hole we have dug for ourselves ,Bryson is past his peak but could do with a run of games to get back to something resembling his past form . We now find ourselves in a position where the said player might go out on loan and be better than any of the players we have bought over the past few years .

How the hell have we managed to regress this far ,tragic.

He's past his peak ? 

Really ? 

Lets write players off at 30 

oh dear

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Numbers yes, quality no. Thorne, Huddz and Elsnick for one spot of the two and who else?

As I said, would we like better yes, but we need to reduce the numbers and you can only do that by moving players on that other clubs are interested in. 

It is what it is a great man once said.

1 minute ago, David said:

As I said, would we like better yes, but we need to reduce the numbers and you can only do that by moving players on that other clubs are interested in. 

It is what it is a great man once said.

It's then up to Rowett to make the best of what he has - perhaps he shouldn't have told some he couldn't shift that he wanted them out? You cannot expect anything much from a midfield we have currently.

Just now, David said:

Who has he told? I've seen Shackell and Blackman both mentioned but thats it

He said to the fans he'd be telling the players he didn't want to keep to look for another club. As for who he's told you'd have to ask him that. Don't know about Shack has he confirmed he's available?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He said to the fans he'd be telling the players he didn't want to keep to look for another club. As for who he's told you'd have to ask him that. Don't know about Shack has he confirmed he's available?

Ignore Shackell, went to find a source looks like it was Nixon, thought I saw something in the DET, maybe not.

As for telling those who can leave, why wouldn't he tell them? Isn't that part of the process so their agents can start putting their name out there to clubs?

Might not be a brutal you can piss off we don't want you, more of a look I don't think I can guarantee you game time, we wouldn't stop you leaving if you find another club.

Just now, David said:

As for telling those who can leave, why wouldn't he tell them? Isn't that part of the process so their agents can start putting their name out there to clubs?

Might not be a brutal you can piss off we don't want you, more of a look I don't think I can guarantee you game time, we wouldn't stop you leaving if you find another club.

Of course you should tell them, if you can get them to go. What will he get out of the ones he can't shift is the point. He was clear about what he'd do, have them train with the U23s I believe is what he suggested.

40 minutes ago, Ryan O'Meara said:

At the start of the summer I thought Rowett might try for David Davis, who to me always looked like Birmingham's best player under him. Will be interesting to see if he becomes an active target should Bryson leave

I heard we are looking at him but daren't put it on the transfer thread as I have no link/source etc.

But I think you may be right.

3 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

3241599492f53176f003bf27f6c446c3.png

Confirmation Nixon reads Bulletin boards :thumbsup:

On 26/08/2017 at 16:07, valleyram said:

Correct mate Nigel would take Bryso all day long before Irvine 

And I claim my commission.

On 26/08/2017 at 21:35, Zag zig said:

Not having a go at Bryso saying this but if Clough used that money to bid for Bryso and if I was Bryso offered say a 3 year contract at the Brewers, I'd seriously consider it; simply because I think he going to get very little starting time with us.

Shoot me down if you like, but if Bryson leaving (on loan or on a permanent) opens up an opportunity for young Callum Guy to come through, then I'm all for this.

We've got a young lad out at our club who could well be the long term answer to our problem of not having a workhorse, battling central midfielder in the side. Once he's fully fit, I'd love to see him given a chance next to Huddlestone/Thorne.

But for that to happen, something's gotta give...

A few fans seem to think Bryson, Martin, Russell are the Championship's greatest players. They are not going to help take us up. It will not be popular but these players are viewed highly because they play for our club. In the current market, the only player who would command any fee is Martin and even his price will not be too high given his attitude at Fulham last year. I am sure I will get the standard get 'behind the players' but maybe fresh starts for two of those three will help both parties. 

Bryson has openly said he wants to finish his career at Derby, come back from injury , and starting too push for a place in the first 11. I'm no expert but I'd be surprised if he is open to a loan move.  

When is Shacks moving to Hull?

Archived