Craig Bryson - signed for Cardiff season long loan

Cam the Ram

8 hours ago, AshfieldRam said:

I'd be gutted if Bryson did leave. I know a lot of people question what it is he brings to the team and admittedly he hasn't reached the heights of 13/14 but you can't say he's not passionate about Derby County. I hear no end of people moaning about players 'picking up their pay cheque', yet Bryson is a willing runner and so passionate about our club.  

Brysons passion is second only to @valleyram's passion for bryson :thumbsup:

That's not meant to be an insult btw 

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me Bryson looks off the pace, maybe a 6 month loan til Jan will benefit us, Burton and Bryson. That way Bryson gets to play more regularly and get his fitness back and in Jan we get a player back who would hopefully be more like his former self

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Thinking out loud here, but I wonder if Derby were at all tempted at offering Burton a deal for Irvine at the last minute, that included Bryson?

Jackson Irvine is not in the same class as Craig bryson and never will be 

47 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

To me Bryson looks off the pace

It always takes Bryson 3 or 4 starts in a row to get back to his usual self and then he's fine. And we always have the same arguments on here about him not being the same player anymore. And they always get forgotten when he's up and running again.

The lack of consecutive starts has been his biggest problem since 2013/2014 - both through injury and rotating with Hughes and Hendrick.

6 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Jackson Irvine is not in the same class as Craig bryson and never will be 

Come on chap, put your loyalties for Bryson to one side. Irvine scored a decent chunk of goals last season, is a regular for his country and has teams trying to sign him away from a bottom tier Championship club in Burton. Bryson hasn't done much for a while now, barely ever gets selected for Scotland and is a target for a bottom tier Championship club in Burton. I feel quite confident in saying most if not all the clubs currently in the Championship would rather have Irvine than Bryson.

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Come on chap, put your loyalties for Bryson to one side. Irvine scored a decent chunk of goals last season, is a regular for his country and has teams trying to sign him away from a bottom tier Championship club in Burton. Bryson hasn't done much for a while now, barely ever gets selected for Scotland and is a target for a bottom tier Championship club in Burton. I feel quite confident in saying most if not all the clubs currently in the Championship would rather have Irvine than Bryson.

Ha ha ha what a complete load of pish 

would they ?

12 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Which bit is tosh?

Top championship clubs would take him over bryson 

ive watched craig obviously and seen a lot of Irvine up here 

bryson played in the correct position is on a different level to Irvine and will prove it once again 

derby fans love to write good players off 

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Jackson irvive- going to hull city, recently relegated prem side.

Craig Bryson- can't get in Derby County's side, a mid championship team, so moves to Burton Albion, a bottom end championship side.

Signed with burton has he ? 

News to me 

7 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Top championship clubs would take him over bryson 

ive watched craig obviously and seen a lot of Irvine up here 

bryson played in the correct position is on a different level to Irvine and will prove it once again 

derby fans love to write good players off 

I'm not trying to write Bryson off at all, just pointing out how silly your statement was. Top Championship clubs having to choose between the 2 of them. One hasn't performed well for a few years now, is over 30 years old and is on top end Championship wages. The other is 24, scored 10 in a very poor Burton side last season and will be on less than half the wages of Bryson. Do you really think most teams would take Bryson over Irvine currently? 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm not trying to write Bryson off at all, just pointing out how silly your statement was. Top Championship clubs having to choose between the 2 of them. One hasn't performed well for a few years now, is over 30 years old and is on top end Championship wages. The other is 24, scored 10 in a very poor Burton side last season and will be on less than half the wages of Bryson. Do you really think most teams would take Bryson over Irvine currently? 

Time will tell , both fit one is a top championship player the other is a piss poor Aussie 

24 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Time will tell , both fit one is a top championship player the other is a piss poor Aussie 

How much time are we giving him? It's been 3 years since his good scoring season and he's nearly 31. You've wrote Irvine off at the age of 24 and after he had such a good season. Seems a bit unfair to me. 

Archived