The boring Man City discussion

Jourdan

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Found Cech panicking in this clip quite funny. It demonstrates how City’s pressing causes even top keepers to panic.

The gasps from the Arsenal crowd made it even funnier. 

Almost one of the most comical own goals you’ll ever likely to see from a top side.

Cech looked a right donkey throughout with the ball at his feet.

On 12/08/2018 at 23:48, Simsy said:

Liverpool might have something to say about that 

Though West Ham by all accounts were dire. Agree though with their new keeper they’ve got to be closest rivals to Blue Mooners surely 

PS I’d have given you a like Simsy but you’re way too close to my running total ??

Has anyone else been watching the City show on Amazon? I've heard it's amazing. I will sit down and watch it soon.

As for today. 6-1 winners over Huddersfield Town.

It seems if anybody is going to pip City to the title this season they will need to get 90+ points. Are Liverpool, United or Chelsea capable of doing that? I'm not so sure.

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 10:19, Bris Vegas said:

Has anyone else been watching the City show on Amazon? I've heard it's amazing. I will sit down and watch it soon.

As for today. 6-1 winners over Huddersfield Town.

It seems if anybody is going to pip City to the title this season they will need to get 90+ points. Are Liverpool, United or Chelsea capable of doing that? I'm not so sure.

watch it.....it is brilliant.

I watched the first episode. While not doubt it has been edited to suit, it gives you an insight into dressing room antics and the going ons regarding injuries.

There were key questions that didn’t get answered. But I don’t think it’s designed to get too personal or back people into a corner.

I look at it as just third-personal snippets of stuff the regular fan doesn’t get to see.

33 minutes ago, David said:

Think he needs to take things a little less serious. I didn't see the fly on the wall thing Liverpool did under Rodgers so this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this from a big club in this country. For the casual fan it's really interesting IMO, I loved the MNF special with Pep never mind this. I don't think it goes into the depth that the NFL series do, there's only Vincent Kompany that features much away from the dressing room. Couple of quick cameo's here and there but nothing that deep. 

Anyone else finished it? Who's the guy that's blurred out in the final episode? Mahrez? I can only imagine it's a player that's not supposed to be there and seeing as they only signed him this summer it kinda makes sense? If it is, it's a little bit naughty on both the club and his part.

• 2 months later...

Interesting stuff coming out of whistleblower Football leaks today which doesn't show City or UEFA in a good light in 2011 - 2014. 

Hiding of £30m costs in a FFP case, threatening that they will cripple UEFA in legal fees and their lawyer making a comment about one of the investigators who died. 

Platini also mentioned as covering it up,  surprise surprise. 

PSG also involved. 

What a joke a FFP is. UEFA report said that both City and Psg commercial agreements that underpinned their FFP revenues were overvalued by 80%. 

Just read that, hardly surprising any of it.

Not a chance their rise was within the rules, anyone could see that, but again, same with the FL no backbone when it comes to punishing clubs.

Any legal threat and they fold, won’t be long before the governing bodies pay compensation to these clubs apologising for any distress caused.

FFP may as well be scrapped now.

Archived