The boring Man City discussion

Jourdan

Just now, Jourdan said:

I predicted Chelsea to retain the Premier League.

Brentford to finish 2nd in the Championship.

And Burnley to go down!

So in fairness, football makes fools of all sometimes, but again I never say or infer my knowledge of football is anything special.

Ye mad fool ye!

Yeah, the resident experts do make me laugh but it keeps us entertained. Every year I do a yankee comprising of my view of who will top each league. This year I punted Chelsea, Boro, Wigan (yay!!!) and Luton. Suffice to say that it'll be another year before the F-Type gets ordered :whistle:

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Klopp winning the Champions League with the misfits of Liverpool will be a far bigger achievement than City winning the Premier League in record breaking fashion.

I don’t think anyone hates City or Pep. At the start of the season, myself and a few others made clear how we felt Pep was overrated and naturally this caused some disagreements.

While one of the other posters couldn’t stop gushing over Pep as they went on their winning run and march to the league title - so surely this proved the poster had been right all along.

But not content with being right, the poster went one step further and directly mentioned me in a post questioning whether I would finally give Pep the credit he deserves.

So I have popped on after every game since to do exactly that.

It is just a coincidence that they have been 3 losses in a row for good ol’ Pep. :lol:

whats all the Klopp winning the Champions league garbage, they won't win it, so therefore City winning the league cup is a bigger achievement than Liverpool winning nothing....again.

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

whats all the Klopp winning the Champions league garbage, they won't win it, so therefore City winning the league cup is a bigger achievement than Liverpool winning nothing....again.

You must be a tiny bit nervous? A Bayern v Real semi would make things very very interesting. 

29 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I just have a feeling. They don’t have the strongest team, or even the strongest squad in the competition, and no real stars except for Salah, but they have really bought into Klopp’s style and when they click, they can be devastating.

I said as much in the middle of February. But in the very same post, I also said Newcastle would go down and now they are in the top 10.

So please just disregard my opinion. It’s in no way credible. :lol:

27 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I just have a feeling. They don’t have the strongest team, or even the strongest squad in the competition, and no real stars except for Salah, but they have really bought into Klopp’s style and when they click, they can be devastating.

I said as much in the middle of February. But in the very same post, I also said Newcastle would go down and now they are in the top 10.

So please just disregard my opinion. It’s in no way credible. :lol:

Don’t worry, I said that Ronaldo would never make a footballer so what do I know. 

8 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Just shows how tough Cup competitions can be, even the best team in Premier League history trips up.

Liverpool’s style is perfect for tackling City’s game and with someone like Salah up top, they’re just lethal. I think City are the better team, you can see across a season how good they are and I think the way they set up is near unstoppable 95% of the time. They’re the best team to watch in the world as well, they’re a great team.

But they’ve got to be gutted they’ve blown the chance for the FA Cup against Wigan, couldn’t win it against United And now they’ve blown it against a very good but beatable Liverpool side. 

Think you’d be surprised how many City fans are actually disappointed with this season right now.

They're not the best team in Premier League history, that is Arsenal invincibles. 

Liverpool have beaten them 3 times this season so are clearly their match and as usual it's the 'easier' games where they have slipped up. 

Their fans are very right to be disappointed in my opinion given the players he inherited and money spent adding to the squad they should be winning everything.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

They're not the best team in Premier League history, that is Arsenal invincibles. 

Liverpool have beaten them 3 times this season so are clearly their match and as usual it's the 'easier' games where they have slipped up. 

Their fans are very right to be disappointed in my opinion given the players he inherited and money spent adding to the squad they should be winning everything.

They’re about to win the league in April, long before anyone else has ever managed it. They are the best side in Premier League history.

On 07/04/2018 at 19:57, 86 points said:

I spend a lot of time in Manchester and I kind of like the City fans. It's funny as all the guys I know there are City, none are United. From a footballing perspective, I'd certainly rather watch the current City team than United but I guess that's not a populist school of thought. As for the money side of things, there's about £50 mill in difference between Jose and Pep's spend which pretty much amounts to one player more so that whole they bought the title thing is a bit daft as bar Leicester, what Premiership winning team hasn't?

Had forgotten the 6-0 win btw - good times, though not for City, obviously :D

I think it's true that most people in Manchester support City. It's definitely true what they say about Man U plastic fans - I live in North London and seems like more people support United than any team other than Arsenal and maybe Spurs

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

By that logic we’re not even close to Reading or Sunderland 

48 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

They’re about to win the league in April, long before anyone else has ever managed it. They are the best side in Premier League history.

Man Utd won it on the 14th April with 5 games remaining, Man City can only equal that now and to the exact date.

They also did it in 12/13 on 22nd April with 4 remaining as did Arsenal on the 24th.

Arsenal still retain the best ever, might have took a game longer but to do it undefeated hasn’t been matched by any side.

2 hours ago, David said:

Man Utd won it on the 14th April with 5 games remaining, Man City can only equal that now and to the exact date.

They also did it in 12/13 on 22nd April with 4 remaining as did Arsenal on the 24th.

Arsenal still retain the best ever, might have took a game longer but to do it undefeated hasn’t been matched by any side.

and Preston did it before all of them.....but that was obviously before football was invented so doesn't count....

3 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

I think it's true that most people in Manchester support City. It's definitely true what they say about Man U plastic fans - I live in North London and seems like more people support United than any team other than Arsenal and maybe Spurs

Absolute nonsense, there are more United fans in Manchester than City, loads more...there are more United fans everywhere

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

and Preston did it before all of them.....but that was obviously before football was invented so doesn't count....

The discussion is on “Premier League History” so it doesn’t count, that’s not to say football wasn’t invented before then though.

3 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Here in east London, judging from the shirts of kids knocking a ball around in the park, Barcelona appears to be well supported, after West Ham of course

4 hours ago, David said:

The discussion is on “Premier League History” so it doesn’t count, that’s not to say football wasn’t invented before then though.

You know that a snickers bar is the same as a marathon was right.....? Just called a different name...

Archived