The boring Man City discussion

Jourdan

Just now, Highgate said:

To be fair, you gave an accurate assessment of the first half.

Have hated Utd for years, but havne't learned to hate Man. City yet....give it time!  Focusing on where they get their wealth from would be a good place to start but to be honest, I enjoy their style of football under Pep and they will be worthy Premier League champions this year. 

I remember Derby beating Man City 6-0 in the old first division in Arthur Cox's time, those were the days!

I spend a lot of time in Manchester and I kind of like the City fans. It's funny as all the guys I know there are City, none are United. From a footballing perspective, I'd certainly rather watch the current City team than United but I guess that's not a populist school of thought. As for the money side of things, there's about £50 mill in difference between Jose and Pep's spend which pretty much amounts to one player more so that whole they bought the title thing is a bit daft as bar Leicester, what Premiership winning team hasn't?

Had forgotten the 6-0 win btw - good times, though not for City, obviously :D

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just popped on to give Pep the credit he finally deserves.

What a charitable and merciful fellow.

Anyone else would have instructed their players to go for the kill and win 6-0.

But not Pep. He has a heart.

This come-from-behind win will be the most entertainment United will have in years and has ensured Jose’s future at the club for at least another week.

Pep - the noble one.

Just popped on to finally give Pep the cr-...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

...the credit he dese-...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

...the credit he deserv-...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

...the credit he deserves!

Clever move getting sent to the stands so he could get a nice view, a padded seat and a complimentary box of City branded popcorn for another Klopp masterclass!

OK, seriously though, if Klopp wins the Champions League with Liverpool, what an achievement that will be!

So good that ‘the best team English football has ever seen’ will be a mere footnote in the 2017-18 season reviews.

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

OK, seriously though, if Klopp wins the Champions League with Liverpool, what an achievement that will be!

So good that ‘the best team English football has ever seen’ will be a mere footnote in the 2017-18 season reviews.

Kind of get where you're coming from but they will walk the league.

Bit of a latecomer to the thread so what's with the 'we hate City' thing? Genuine question. Is it Pep, the money thing, the fans? I kind of like the fact that Manure can't even claim to be the best club (not) in Manchester but then I have an irrational hatred of all things United. 

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Kind of get where you're coming from but they will walk the league.

Bit of a latecomer to the thread so what's with the 'we hate City' thing? Genuine question. Is it Pep, the money thing, the fans? I kind of like the fact that Manure can't even claim to be the best club (not) in Manchester but then I have an irrational hatred of all things United. 

Klopp winning the Champions League with the misfits of Liverpool will be a far bigger achievement than City winning the Premier League in record breaking fashion.

I don’t think anyone hates City or Pep. At the start of the season, myself and a few others made clear how we felt Pep was overrated and naturally this caused some disagreements.

While one of the other posters couldn’t stop gushing over Pep as they went on their winning run and march to the league title - so surely this proved the poster had been right all along.

But not content with being right, the poster went one step further and directly mentioned me in a post questioning whether I would finally give Pep the credit he deserves.

So I have popped on after every game since to do exactly that.

It is just a coincidence that they have been 3 losses in a row for good ol’ Pep. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Klopp winning the Champions League with the misfits of Liverpool will be a far bigger achievement than City winning the Premier League in record breaking fashion.

I don’t think anyone hates City or Pep. At the start of the season, myself and a few others made clear how we felt Pep was overrated and naturally this caused some disagreements.

While one of the other posters couldn’t stop gushing over Pep as they went on their winning run and march to the league title - so surely this proved the poster had been right all along.

But not content with being right, the poster went one step further and directly mentioned me in a post questioning whether I would finally give Pep the credit he deserves.

So I have popped on after every game since to do exactly that.

It is just a coincidence that they have been 3 losses in a row for good ol’ Pep. :lol:

Ah ok fella. Missed the early exchanges :lol:

Gentleman that you are you've not named names so it's clearly Bris or McFlurry.

Never really got the whole Pep walks on water thing. I could have won the La Liga with the team he inherited! 

Anyways, funny bants :thumbsup:

I don’t hate anyone. It’s just football. Wasn’t a fan of Guardiola’s football at Barca and I get incredibly nauseous with the media love in for a bloke that has walked into clubs with some of the best players in the world, or an obsene amount of money to spend.

Wouldnt surprise me if he rocked us at Celtic next, another title right there easy as they come. 

The guy will have the pick of jobs when he leaves Man City, his trophies will open any doors. I just want to see him tested, not without money but not the riches he has been given.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t hate anyone. It’s just football. Wasn’t a fan of Guardiola’s football at Barca and I get incredibly nauseous with the media love in for a bloke that has walked into clubs with some of the best players in the world, or an obsene amount of money to spend.

Wouldnt surprise me if he rocked us at Celtic next, another title right there easy as they come. 

The guy will have the pick of jobs when he leaves Man City, his trophies will open any doors. I just want to see him tested, not without money but not the riches he has been given.

Sorry mate, 'hate' a poor choice of words :(

I get where you're coming from in any case. I'm old school so I reserve 90% of my disdain for Forest and the remainder is spread evenly between Manure and Leeds. I'm still envious of a side that can spend more on a fullback than our entire squad is worth mind :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Ah ok fella. Missed the early exchanges :lol:

Gentleman that you are you've not named names so it's clearly Bris or McFlurry.

Never really got the whole Pep walks on water thing. I could have won the La Liga with the team he inherited! 

Anyways, funny bants :thumbsup:.

I predicted Chelsea to retain the Premier League.

Brentford to finish 2nd in the Championship.

And Burnley to go down!

So in fairness, football makes fools of all sometimes, but again I never say or infer my knowledge of football is anything special.

Just shows how tough Cup competitions can be, even the best team in Premier League history trips up.

Liverpool’s style is perfect for tackling City’s game and with someone like Salah up top, they’re just lethal. I think City are the better team, you can see across a season how good they are and I think the way they set up is near unstoppable 95% of the time. They’re the best team to watch in the world as well, they’re a great team.

But they’ve got to be gutted they’ve blown the chance for the FA Cup against Wigan, couldn’t win it against United And now they’ve blown it against a very good but beatable Liverpool side. 

Think you’d be surprised how many City fans are actually disappointed with this season right now.

Archived