The boring Man City discussion

Jourdan

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

You know that a snickers bar is the same as a marathon was right.....? Just called a different name...

Right, but you know that the discussion was on “Premier League History” and this is what I replied to. 

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:05, 86 points said:

Sorry mate, 'hate' a poor choice of words :(

I get where you're coming from in any case. I'm old school so I reserve 90% of my disdain for Forest and the remainder is spread evenly between Manure and Leeds. I'm still envious of a side that can spend more on a fullback than our entire squad is worth mind :thumbsup:

you're jealous of Brentford??? :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrik_Dalsgaard

So there it is. A Premier League and a League Cup double for Pep.

There is no argument that they have been the best side in the division this year and by some distance.

But I don’t think we will really be able to appreciate the magnitude of the achievement for some time yet. If City continue to win major titles and trophies, that will be when the plaudits truly roll in for Pep.

After all, Liverpool aside, all of the other top six have performed well below expectations this year and had really poor campaigns so in many ways, it has felt quite an opportunistic achievement. 

Surely next year we will see a stronger Spurs and United and a less muddled Arsenal and Chelsea, leading to a more competitive title race and a higher standard of competition.

And if City happen to top the pile yet again, I am sure Pep won’t be short of worshippers. :lol:

Really interested to see what Klopp does with Liverpool in the summer, it's clear they lack depth to really mount a challenge but the defence is looking a lot stronger now. In their last 12 games including CL they have conceded just the 5 goals, whilst scoring 30.

New keeper wouldn't go a miss though still.

5 hours ago, David said:

Really interested to see what Klopp does with Liverpool in the summer, it's clear they lack depth to really mount a challenge but the defence is looking a lot stronger now. In their last 12 games including CL they have conceded just the 5 goals, whilst scoring 30.

New keeper wouldn't go a miss though still.

Could probably still do with a world class replacement for Coutinho too.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It may seem a lot but De Ligt’s going to be a superstar. All of the top teams in Europe are after him. Liverpool spent 25 million more than that on Van Dijk yet Dutch fans rate de ligt higher than van dijk. 

May seem? £50m for a player in his first season of professional football. Just a tad.

Obviously only a rumour, expect this will be the first of many £50m links this summer, but if they do this. Nuts.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Another 60 million spent. They don't even need Mahrez.

Most decent teams have four decent wide players. City only had three last year, meant when one got injured they had little options.

I’m not really a Mahrez fan but they definitely had reason to bring in another wide man.

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Most decent teams have four decent wide players. City only had three last year, meant when one got injured they had little options.

I’m not really a Mahrez fan but they definitely had reason to bring in another wide man.

60 million for a player that isn't likely to start. That is ludicrous money Bris. I know you will defend City and Pep no matter what, but Mahrez isn't better than Sterling or Sane, why couldn't they put a youth player in as the extra man, or sign someone with potential? 

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Why not give young Patrick Roberts a chance? Talk of him going to Leicester for £10m, save yourself £50m. Might not make the grade, but how will he know without trying him, after all.....

9d1eca817765126c1d765fd538922a12.jpg

1 hour ago, David said:

Why not give young Patrick Roberts a chance? Talk of him going to Leicester for £10m, save yourself £50m. Might not make the grade, but how will he know without trying him, after all.....

9d1eca817765126c1d765fd538922a12.jpg

Patrick Roberts isn’t good enough. He’s closer to Tom Lawrence’s level than he is City’s first-team.

I agree in that it would be nice for them to bring youth players through, but they have to be good enough. You can’t just play anybody to try and make a point.

City aspire to be at Barca or Real Madrid’s level. Those clubs have sold far better youth players such as Thiago and Morata than Patrick Roberts over the past couple of years.

Archived