Sheffield United v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

The issue is we have no midfield quality and we don't dominate the middle of the park. Until we do it's mid-table mediocrity. ?

I really can't see much else under GR.....he's a great bloke but I just see too much Nigel Clough steadyness and cautiousness in his style...

We seem to be playing very much in the brum mould of his tenure, unexciting,steady and a loss for every two wins/draws.

Please prove me wrong Gary,I want you to do well.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We are still an energetic defensive midfielder and right winger short of top 6 quality in my opinion.

Think we need a new set of central midfielders to make it all light up again. The difference between being bang average and looking too good for the league is often a couple of players, and we need those in midfield.

Johnson/Butterfield/Bryson are players who look good in a good side, but a side doesn't play well because of them. We need pace, energy, creativity in there, whereas those three offer valuable but very specific attributes that add a special flavour to a successful side but aren't substantial enough to make a proper recipe for success on their own.

I'm sure Rowett sees it, we've just ran out of time and money to fix it. I'm happy with every other area of the field pretty much.

23 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Just in time for...

Just now, McLovin said:

We are still an energetic defensive midfielder

Just in time for...Gary to buy a good mobile defensive midfielder who knows how to play football.

For example: Jason Lowe ex- Blackburn Rovers

Our squad at the minute is a bit like a chili con carne.

We've got good quality ingredients. Organic mince beef, fresh herbs, splash of red wine for that richer taste, onions and garlic from our own vegetable patch...

Problem is we've started cooking and we've realised we forgot the bloody chili powder, and the co op's about to shut in 5 minutes, so it looks like a chili con carne without any kick for tea tonight.

Archived