Sheffield United v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

How are they performing as a team, is 2-0 a fair reflection??

Looking well organised to be honest. Shef Utd haven't managed to do anything. Midfield maybe not controlling the game but front 4 looking busy and some good moves on the counter. We deserve to be 1-0 up on performance. Sounds like Radio Direby are up to their usual tricks saying we're horrendous when in reality I see nothing to be panic over. Dawes and Ramage need to act responsibly with their words because I'm seeing a mini meltdown for no reason. 

5 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Give them a bollocking Gary!

Doesn't sound like we're actually playing that badly. He needs to calm them down so they don't make any other mistakes, not b******* them.

IMO of course. But there's more to man management than just shouting at them until they do what you want them to do.

1 minute ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

That is not a true reflection of the game. Team on team we are by a long way the better team. 

Still doesn't take away from the fact errors that shouldnt happen at that level have resulted in two gifts.

Which game are you watching? We were on the whole bloody awful to be honest. Out paced and out played by a no name team. I am rarely negative where Derby are concerned but today, if we carry on like this then we will be lucky not to come away 5 down

Just now, dave126 said:

Alot can happen in 4 years 

True, while I agree he's definitely not in form for us at the minute, he's exactly the sort of player that if he were to leave now, would have a blinder of a season for any other club. Seems massively short on confidence at the minute which is affecting his decision making.

Gary needs to sort it out soon though because we've known from last season's experience that this was likely to be an issue

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Looking well organised to be honest. Shef Utd haven't managed to do anything. Midfield maybe not controlling the game but front 4 looking busy and some good moves on the counter. We deserve to be 1-0 up on performance. Sounds like Radio Direby are up to their usual tricks saying we're horrendous when in reality I see nothing to be panic over. Dawes and Ramage need to act responsibly with their words because I'm seeing a mini meltdown for no reason. 

Yeah it's not that bad for the majority of play (although having issues with the stream), but when it's bad it's just freakishly shambolic and stupid. 

I mean, really, really, stupid. We've had repeated prolonged periods of this stupidity in the last few years and I wish we'd grown out of it (or binned off the players who seem incapable of changing).

So we're surrendering more than 2/3 of the pitch to try and engineer a counter attack. No attempt to close down the ball until it's about 20-25 yards out. 

And Jurgen Klopp is Rowett's inspiration?

And the marking is horrific. 

On the counter we look alright. But the composure is poor. 

We look like scoring but it looks like 1 to every 3 of theirs. The defending as a team is really really bad. How can we have 9 men within 20 yards of our goal and still leave gaping holes? Any ideas?

Just now, Alpha said:

So we're surrendering more than 2/3 of the pitch to try and engineer a counter attack. No attempt to close down the ball until it's about 20-25 yards out. 

And Jurgen Klopp is Rowett's inspiration?

And the marking is horrific. 

On the counter we look alright. But the composure is poor. 

We look like scoring but it looks like 1 to every 3 of theirs. The defending as a team is really really bad. How can we have 9 men within 20 yards of our goal and still leave gaping holes? Any ideas?

Learning something new.

I'm surprised that some think that we're defending well. They've scored 2 and created a couple of great situations. That's not good is it? 

We're looking good on the counter. 

Lucky that Sheff United want to walk the ball in

Archived