New joke thread (trigger alert, may offend if you want it to)

admira

A guy walks into a bank in the centre of London and asks the manager if he can borrow £10,000 in cash. He says that he needs the money right away for an important purchase and that he will pay it back in a week.

The bank manager checks his details and he seems legit, but the manager is still a bit sceptical.

The man says, “Tell you what, I have my brand new Mercedes parked in your car park. I’d be happy to offer that as security. If I don’t come back and pay off the loan in a week, you can keep it. It’s worth over £50,000”.

The bank manager inspects the car and documents and agrees to lend him the money, at an annual interest rate of 10%. The guy hands over the keys, takes the cash and off he goes.

A week later he returns to the bank and hands over the £10,000. The bank manager says there will be an interest charge of £20 for the week, which the guy happily pays.

He then collects his car. Handing him the keys, the bank manager says “That was probably the strangest loan I’ve ever given. Do you mind if I ask why you borrowed the money”?

The guy says: “Well, how else could I park my car in London for a whole week for just £20”.