Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

The problem not over coaching but that their club teams aren't giving them the changes to break through into the first team.

That’s largely because once a player turns 21, his athletic ability comes second to technical ability.

English youngsters have an abundace of athletic ability, they can overpower their rivals at a young age.

But once you’re 21, a technical player will always trump an athletic player.

We’ve seen it time and again, even here at Derby. Miles Addison was a beast until everyone else caught up and overtook him on technical ability.

Players like Darren Bent used to score bucketloads as a youth when his pace and power just overrawed defenders.

How many of the current England youth players actually possess natural technical ability? Very few I’d imagine.

Jack Wilshere is probably the most gifted English player in the past decade IMO

17 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

That’s largely because once a player turns 21, his athletic ability comes second to technical ability.

English youngsters have an abundace of athletic ability, they can overpower their rivals at a young age.

We’ve seen it time and again, even here at Derby. Miles Addison was a beast until everyone else caught up and overtook him on technical ability.

Players like Darren Bent used to score bucketloads as a youth when his pace and power just overrawed defenders.

How many of the current England youth players actually possess natural technical ability? Very few I’d imagine.

Read somewhere recently, a number of German coaches think that the best young players with the most technical ability now come from England.

48 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Harry Kane? Dele alli?

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

bolleaux

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You really wouldn’t call dele Alli a technical player?! What are they then, cause they sure as hell as miles better than jack wilshere in every aspect

You are wrong on this. Technically, Wilshere is superb and had it not been for some dreadful injuries he would have been an automatic choice for England.

,Kane is a superb natural finisher - Dele Alli still has lots to prove 

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

You are wrong on this. Technically, Wilshere is superb and had it not been for some dreadful injuries he would have been an automatic choice for England.

Not convinced myself, I rated wilshere but not as much as I rate Alli now. He’s still young but to say he isn’t as good as wilshere is just plain wrong, wilshere was all potential just like Alli is, but didn’t go as far to showing it as Alli has done.

Dont think you can say Kane isn’t a technical player as well, certainly as far as they go for centre forwards. He’s more than just goals, he’s the complete forward.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Not convinced myself, I rated wilshere but not as much as I rate Alli now. He’s still young but to say he isn’t as good as wilshere is just plain wrong, wilshere was all potential just like Alli is, but didn’t go as far to showing it as Alli has done.

Dont think you can say Kane isn’t a technical player as well, certainly as far as they go for centre forwards. He’s more than just goals, he’s the complete forward.

All three supremely talented players, you don't need to play like Xavi to be an outstanding footballer.

Kane and Alli do rely more on physical attributes but have a great blend of technical skill, otherwise they wouldn't have reached the heights in the Premier League that they have. Just need to do it on a competitive international stage now.

As for Wilshere, he's got so much ability and I just hope he can replicate his form of a few years ago. He certainly seems to be picking up some momentum, which is great to see. I'll always remember his performances against Brasil and Barcelona, which showed he can do it on the big stage. Would love to see him as the first name on the teamsheet for England if he can properly get over his injury problems.

Archived