View from the outside

Derbados

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Virtually everything..... righto

You really need to get them rose tinted glasses giving officials stick. It’s borderline pathetic in my opinion. Nothing wrong with that ref on Saturday, let the game flow, apart from one incident where he blew a tad quick.

They are far from perfect, but they ain’t robots. I’ve posted on here many years now, and yes I defend referees a bit, but with reason, your posts every time is rose tinted, it’s kinda getting boring for me to see you dig at officials constantly, especially when its without context or reason. You’re the only one on the match thread and now on here regarding it. What is your problem with them? Posted the screenshot below and highlighted the bit in your post to link. 

Mark my words, referees at a amateur level are declining, and some are being abused etc, I’ve seen an uprise in it over course of this season alone. Your comments, however blasé they are, contribute to this, however innocent you think they may be.

One day you’ll see the death of one, either attacked or even worse for me personally..... suicide. Think on.

DA8C9199-098C-4076-A2D2-D40D1B7F2F36.png

What I don't like, Mafiabob, is cheating. All sides do it, including Derby County, but there are sides whose game is based on it. I am talking about the constant shirt-pulling, arms all round the opponent, kicks and trips, blatant heavy tackles on whoever has been identified as the "threat" player - it is often Tom Lawrence - diving, and so on. And don't mention all the wrestling which goes on at dead-ball situations, especially in the penalty area. So much goes un-noticed or unpunished, and has largely been accepted as normal and pretty much OK. That is why refs have such huge difficulty in said penalty area wrestling bouts. 

All it needs is for officials to clamp down on a consistent basis, but they don't, and simply act as though what are actually offences against the laws of the game are actually now fully legal. And until they do clamp down, the difficulties will remain.

On top of this is the inconsistency of their decision making, which often comes across as biased refereeing. So against Middlesborough, I thought the ref was pretty good up until the Marriott tackle, for which the ref got boo'd off at half time. That puzzled me, we have had far worse, for less fair refs who haven't had any protests against them. But for the second half he really was one-sided for a considerable period, followed by the last 20 minutes churning out a series of really strange decisions which had most people baffled, and it affected both teams. I think I said as much, especially about his good first half performance. He may not have been biased, but there certainly was no consistency. So, as with whether or not we should criticize our own players when they perform badly, should we criticize referees when they under perform. Or should we keep quiet, and simply accept whatever is dished up.

Incidentally, I post my match waffle on the "Come on you Rams" forum as well, and do not get the opposition which you have given, which is your right, even though there is a fully qualified referee on that forum, who often concurs with my surmisings. 

But in the end, as I have said before, this is a forum where people are invited to express their opinions. It doesn't mean that those opinions are right, it just means that is how the poster has seen things. 

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think the ref was too bad, apart from the non foul on Lawrence in the first half when he was constantly fouled over a distance of about  15 yards just outside the penalty area. 

Incidentally, the yards offside Southampton player was just in his own half when the ball was played. 

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

What I don't like, Mafiabob, is cheating. All sides do it, including Derby County, but there are sides whose game is based on it. I am talking about the constant shirt-pulling, arms all round the opponent, kicks and trips, blatant heavy tackles on whoever has been identified as the "threat" player - it is often Tom Lawrence - diving, and so on. And don't mention all the wrestling which goes on at dead-ball situations, especially in the penalty area. So much goes un-noticed or unpunished, and has largely been accepted as normal and pretty much OK. That is why refs have such huge difficulty in said penalty area wrestling bouts. 

All it needs is for officials to clamp down on a consistent basis, but they don't, and simply act as though what are actually offences against the laws of the game are actually now fully legal. And until they do clamp down, the difficulties will remain.

On top of this is the inconsistency of their decision making, which often comes across as biased refereeing. So against Middlesborough, I thought the ref was pretty good up until the Marriott tackle, for which the ref got boo'd off at half time. That puzzled me, we have had far worse, for less fair refs who haven't had any protests against them. But for the second half he really was one-sided for a considerable period, followed by the last 20 minutes churning out a series of really strange decisions which had most people baffled, and it affected both teams. I think I said as much, especially about his good first half performance. He may not have been biased, but there certainly was no consistency. So, as with whether or not we should criticize our own players when they perform badly, should we criticize referees when they under perform. Or should we keep quiet, and simply accept whatever is dished up.

Incidentally, I post my match waffle on the "Come on you Rams" forum as well, and do not get the opposition which you have given, which is your right, even though there is a fully qualified referee on that forum, who often concurs with my surmisings. 

But in the end, as I have said before, this is a forum where people are invited to express their opinions. It doesn't mean that those opinions are right, it just means that is how the poster has seen things. 

what's the "come on you rams" forum like? Do you have a link ?

9 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

With you 100% on the cheating whether that's diving or staying down "injured" to stop the play then pretty much getting straight back up, it's a real blight on the game and I accept all teams (including Derby) do it. A good example in the Fulham game yesterday. Retrospective action should be taken against Cairney for his dive. 

Archived