View from the outside

Derbados

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/12/2018 at 22:59, B4ev6is said:

I wander what norwhich city fans thinking now

I wander how boro fans feeling about tomorrow.

On 17/01/2019 at 15:30, B4ev6is said:

I wounder what southamption is thinking now.

On 09/02/2019 at 23:44, B4ev6is said:

I wander what hull city fans think now

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander what rotherham untied fans think now

C’mon @B4ev6is, do the leg work on their forums for us oldies and let us know!

They’ve got a footy mad message board....they’re more worried about relegation than us to be honest. But there’s a couple of decent comments....nearly feel sorry for the person in the photo....there’s also this comment 

“That was truly dreadful. It was thoroughbreds against carthorses, and seeing Taylor and Yates giving it the big one was

bloody embarrassing. 

Pre international break I was a little optimistic about our chances of staying up. After today I'm very pessimistic. Robertson and Mattock were sorely missed”

C946253A-6AF2-46E2-8785-7403C5EC4A1B.png

I found one thread on the Rotherham forum that was discussing the possibility of swapping places with us, all of which were dead against since we're facing a huge point deduction, huge fine and the owner is looking for the quickest exit for £1 sale providing the £180m+ debt is also taken on. 

We've since learnt that none of that, at least on the surface, is true but they haven't had that memo yet. I imagine when the accounts are disclosed then it will quash the rumours. We still have a long, long way to go before we're a side that would struggle to compete in League One. A team from our academy would be able to do a job at that level: Roos, Bogle, Buchanan, Hunt, Lowe, Bird, Sibley, Elsnik, Thomas, Mitchell-Lawson, Bennett

It would at least be a few new grounds to tick off the list. 

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I found one thread on the Rotherham forum that was discussing the possibility of swapping places with us, all of which were dead against since we're facing a huge point deduction, huge fine and the owner is looking for the quickest exit for £1 sale providing the £180m+ debt is also taken on. 

We've since learnt that none of that, at least on the surface, is true but they haven't had that memo yet. I imagine when the accounts are disclosed then it will quash the rumours. We still have a long, long way to go before we're a side that would struggle to compete in League One. A team from our academy would be able to do a job at that level: Roos, Bogle, Buchanan, Hunt, Lowe, Bird, Sibley, Elsnik, Thomas, Mitchell-Lawson, Bennett

It would at least be a few new grounds to tick off the list. 

In our desperation to be a Premier league club, there's always the chance that we'll overstretch ourselves and end up watching that team in League 1 when it all goes tats oop.

TBH I wouldn't mind that, some of my favourite seasons supporting the Rams was when we were in division 3.

1 hour ago, curb said:

In our desperation to be a Premier league club, there's always the chance that we'll overstretch ourselves and end up watching that team in League 1 when it all goes tats oop.

TBH I wouldn't mind that, some of my favourite seasons supporting the Rams was when we were in division 3.

I must admit I get a bit disappointed when the same teams rotate up and down from Premier/Division One as I look forward to visiting a few different grounds. The cup runs have helped to give us more variety this year so it's been a good year.

I'm not sure I'd wish for relegation just to get the variety though!

2 hours ago, curb said:

In general I agree but getting chased down the backstreets of Newport was not one of my favourite footballing experiences.

4 hours ago, angieram said:

I must admit I get a bit disappointed when the same teams rotate up and down from Premier/Division One as I look forward to visiting a few different grounds. The cup runs have helped to give us more variety this year so it's been a good year.

I'm not sure I'd wish for relegation just to get the variety though!

No, neither would I, but if it happened I wouldn't be particularly upset, not like some. 

It would get rid of some of the idiots that follow us currently, so that would be a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander what bolton fans are thinking now.

They seem to be a bit confused that Derby isn't in Lincolnshire and are celebrating the fact they have equalled their record number of defeats in a season (26) and have 4 games left to beat it. They'll not beat 11 points though. 

And yesterday their entire match day thread seemed to consist of some guy giving a summary of what was being broadcast on local radio. 

I think they're a bit fed up!

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I've only ever met a small number of Bolton fans but they were all decent fellers. 

Aye grand lads.....

image.thumb.jpeg.390d6dabafc3fd97ff8f5a8799dc1438.jpeg

Had an interesting chat to a Brum season ticket holder that I work with. He thought Waghorn was a constant menace to them but his other take on the game gave me an insight into how other teams view us. He thought we did a lot of sideways passing at the back and then just went long. He said this both mystified and delighted him in equal measure. He couldn't understand why when we have such flair players as Mount, Wilson and Lawrence that we'd completely miss these out of the build up play and just go long. Not really my take on proceedings as I thought we mixed our play up quite well but interesting all the same to see opposing fans views.

Archived