Steve Bloomers watching?

RiddingsRam

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

What's happened to it ? We seem to have a techno remix played 10 minutes before kick off , instead of the traditional song just before kick off ? 

Did you not know we've hired Eyeball Paul for the pre match entertainment?

3 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

What's happened to it ? We seem to have a techno remix played 10 minutes before kick off , instead of the traditional song just before kick off ? 

He's taken the smart decision to stop watching after last season...

All very strange 

Seemed to work well previously and was very much part of the PP experience - certainly bought in to by all those around us in the East Stand

With the pre match music changes, the bizarre volume on the speakers and the changes to the Big Screen highlighted on another thread, it would be fascinating to learn the logic behind all this.

I know I'm an older fan but you do  wonder : "If it ain't broke, why fix it ? "

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to revisit this as on Friday it was returned to its more normal place just before kick off and was played at the right tempo, I felt that helped get the atmosphere going at the start of the game.

I hope that the club stick with the new (more traditional) schedule for the song.

As an aside, surely the club should now come out and name whoever had the idea to shift the timing for the Wolves / Preston games, we can then all vilify that indiividual :D

9 hours ago, tinman said:

I assume the volume pre match also stopped them from starting chants during the match too

Nothing ever stops them from starting chants. There is almost always a song going on at the back of the South Stand, people further down and across towards the West Stand don't always join in.

Was thinking about this today, unleashed it while driving. Lovely jubilee. Heard before a few aren't impressed with it but I downloaded it a good while back, think it's terrific. Compare to many clubs who simply play an old tune. Nothing wrong with that but fair play to Robert Lindsay, though My Family was pushing it mate. Citizen Smith always 

44 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Was thinking about this today, unleashed it while driving. Lovely jubilee. Heard before a few aren't impressed with it but I downloaded it a good while back, think it's terrific. Compare to many clubs who simply play an old tune. Nothing wrong with that but fair play to Robert Lindsay, though My Family was pushing it mate. Citizen Smith always 

Congratulations on the anniversary SKR

Always liked the We are Derby,  super Derby,  super Rams chant.

The simplest ones work best.

Hi Ho Derby County - does that work? 

Steve Bloomer is great if everyone joins in but sounds a bit of a dirge if not.

Sometimes our slow starts aren't helped by fan apathy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing, the pre-match build up seems to have taken a bit of a dive this season! Usually, when players were read out the hoardings and screen showed each player in time but now either the announcer is either way ahead or way behind. 

I’m just trying to worry about something else other than our away form. :whistle:

Archived