Sam Gallagher - signed for Birmingham on a season-long-loan

Barney1991

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

Surely it's standard if you loan a player out to have the option to recall them should you need to?

:whistle:

I think a goalie can be recalled if the situation is dire and the FA agrees

CM went on a season long loan contract. The only easy way of Jan recall is if this is written into the contract. otherwise it can only happen if both clubs and the player agree that it is in the best interests of all that the player returns to base.

If a loan player gets a long term injury they will go back to their  club for treatment by their medical team.    

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Mirror - 

At Pride Park, Gary Rowett would like to buy the forward – but that is a non-starter as far as his parent club is concerned.

And the Rams are unwilling to agree to a clause that allows Gallagher to be recalled in the New Year which is proving a difficult issue to resolve.

Don't think we're in a position to play hardball with Southampton as they've got enough issues to contend with.Sounds like Harry is snapping him up for Brum.Shame really as I think he could have done a good job for us.Oh well,onwards and upwards-10 days and counting!?

1 hour ago, rcarso1 said:

Don't think we're in a position to play hardball with Southampton as they've got enough issues to contend with.Sounds like Harry is snapping him up for Brum.Shame really as I think he could have done a good job for us.Oh well,onwards and upwards-10 days and counting!?

I think it's a sensible thing to request - Last thing we want to see is a player make himself a key member of the team only to be recalled in January. I don't think it's playing hardball, just getting the right deal for DCFC.

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Strange, his last two loans will now be Brum and Blackburn, both teams at the wrong end of the championship.

Clearly not as highly thought of as bamford.

And possibly the player doesn't think he would get much game time with the options we have available already?

Archived