Sam Gallagher - signed for Birmingham on a season-long-loan

Barney1991

52 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

The question is...

If we seriously want Gallagher, can we get him?

He's an out and out striker. Wolves are able to give him a first team spot and basically 90 minutes of football week in week out in his favourite position, can we offer that? 

I don't think we can. We'd end up throwing him out wide or in behind another striker. 

Not massively confident we can get this one over the line. 

Wolves play 1 up front and have just signed Bonatini, a tall highly-rated stiker, so to say Gallagher will play week-in-week out is incorrect.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been thinking about this one a lot. 6ft 4 striker. Attributes include hold-up play, ability in the air, ability to run in behind defenders (despite his size), and has a knack for bringing players into the game...

...possible replacement for Chris Martin? I don't want to see Chrissy go at all, and am delighted to have him back, but Rowett has struck me as a guy who likes a forward man with energy as well as a bit of brute force. Have wondered for a while now whether Martin is, in fact, the man Gary wants up top in an ideal world.

On 15/08/2017 at 13:19, Premier ram said:

The interview with GR in which he says he still wants to change things in the squad , gives me the feeling we might try and cash in on Chris Martin , and go for a more mobile target man like Gallagher

Or get a midfield player who can actually pass to Martin anywhere south of his chin, he will always look after the ball.

55 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Been thinking about this one a lot. 6ft 4 striker. Attributes include hold-up play, ability in the air, ability to run in behind defenders (despite his size), and has a knack for bringing players into the game...

...possible replacement for Chris Martin? I don't want to see Chrissy go at all, and am delighted to have him back, but Rowett has struck me as a guy who likes a forward man with energy as well as a bit of brute force. Have wondered for a while now whether Martin is, in fact, the man Gary wants up top in an ideal world.

Martin goes Derby get promoted get money for him in 12 months nothing

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Its a great post mate, iv been thinking exactly the same.

i think the honest answer is that if rowett had a blank canvas chris martin isnt his type of player

hes sung martins praises when it became clear he was coming back and we all know what chrissy brings to the table but i honestly can see him getting phased out with time

ill be disapointed but will undersrand why if it does indeed happen 

1 hour ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Sky sports saying Southampton are willing to send Gallagher out on loan with us Birmingham and surprise surprise Villa interested.

Thought the Villa team bus was full ?

Surely Dr Tony wouldn't trust Brucie with any further signings before he gets his P45.:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

So would he get in front of Martin and nugent ?

Guess it depends who scores first.

Gallagher isn't a prolific scorer yet so something of a gamble. Reminds me of Conor Wickham-big young lad with high expectations.

26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think Martin would be sold, knock down price of under 5 million, plus a top earner off the wage bill.

He must have been given a fair old rise by Rush.

And who would pay Martin's level of wages (other than Villa...)

5 minutes ago, feisty said:

And who would pay Martin's level of wages (other than Villa...)

Wolves were keen and could blow us out the water with wages, although i think their level is above Martin now.

Hull after a striker, Villa rumoured to be looking for a striker, Boro proving with Christie and Shotton they would spunk good money on potentially average players.

It could happen.

I'm surprised this rumour is still lingering around. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. 

Gallagher has always been highly rated to my knowledge, but I'd only want him if we could sign him. I don't think he would be ahead of Martin or Nugent at this moment in time, perhaps would need a run of games to find his feet. 

If I was him, I'd join Birmingham. He's guaranteed a fairly decent role in the squad, plus he has some old fashioned creative players around him. 

Archived