Sam Gallagher - signed for Birmingham on a season-long-loan

Barney1991

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I like him a lot as a player, but I hate loans. Unless he comes with a pre-agreed purchase price we'd be happy with, I'd let him go elsewhere.

I think they're ok if used in the right way - ie as a short term stopgap, to considerably improve one part of the team that we don't have in our ranks, that will really help push the team on and that we can't afford to buy. Leon Osman and Jordan Ibe spring to mind, both excellent players who improved the team and I hope taught the others a thing or two.

But in this case we are well served with strikers and unless, as you say, we are willing to buy him, I'd rather our players got a game. 

11 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Would love to get him Rowett likes a power house up front But Villa must be favorites they got Hogan injured again Kodja not ready to return yet and Agbonlahor finished they are desperate for a striker hope I'm wrong 

Villa get Gallagher, we get Agbonlahor. :(

That's all I can see when I look at this, Martin on his newly improved bumper contract, dropped after 2 games, not really his fault but not fitting Rowett's ethics either, being moved on as he'll free up wages and is probably our most disposable saleable asset. Just like Hughes and Ince he'd bring in decent cash for new additions.

I imagine there'd be takers, a fair few teams could splash the cash for him in our division, especially if we're looking at ay an exchange of some sort, and never rule out a strange Prem move or Celtic.

Wonder if Norwich would take Shackell, Johnson and Martin back?

Southampton have a great reputation for Academy players. And Gallagher would be good to have on loan but I don't think we should get rid of Martin IMO.

*EDIT* However if we do decide to sell him I would prefer we sold to either a premiership team or for a club in a different country. I can only imagine CM scoring against us in an important game...

Can someone please explain to me how, after two games where service has been awful, Chris Martin has gone from being the messiah who was going to prove how stupid Pearson really was, to a fat, lazy diver who isn't fit to lace Nugent/Gallagher's boots? He's had two games people. He's still a good player. Calm down.

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Can someone please explain to me how, after two games where service has been awful, Chris Martin has gone from being the messiah who was going to prove how stupid Pearson really was, to a fat, lazy diver who isn't fit to lace Nugent/Gallagher's boots? He's had two games people. He's still a good player. Calm down.

Chris Martin has never been the messiah in my view.

I would gladly see him leave to either a premiership or Championship club.

I genuinely cant see him ever being prolific again.

Archived