Sam Gallagher - signed for Birmingham on a season-long-loan

Barney1991

1 hour ago, Posh Ram said:

Can't see us signing/loaning Gallagher without Martin leaving. We already have him and Nugent and Bent coming back from injury eventually.

Thought Bent wasn't back til after Xmas? Long time to go if Martin or nugent gets injured with no back up

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Doodle said:

You need explosive speed as a striker. Marathon runners are skinny because they need.constant pace. 100/200 metre athletes are very muscular because they need speed. There is a fine balance though 

A bit like John O'Hare then?? Struggling to remember many Derby strikers with that speed,apart from Sturridge!?

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Thought Bent wasn't back til after Xmas? Long time to go if Martin or nugent gets injured with no back up

We have two players for that position, if you have more then it's overkill. If one of those gets injured then Zanzala can play.

32 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

I'm a fan of Zanzala but he's been out for a year and he's not quite ready yet.

29 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

He ain't ready mate. 

Rowett's said so many times that he wants a small squad. Having three first team CFs when we only play one doesn't fit that vision.

If we signed Gallagher permanently then I think it would signal the end for Chrissy. No way would we be able to keep 3 players for 1 position happy, especially someone of Chrissy's calibre and for whom we could command a substantial transfer fee.

Personally I think we're good in the forward areas now, maybe with one more wide player addition on a permanent/loan, I would love to see us strengthen in midfield, get some legs and energy in there but for this we would need to move people on, at least one of Butterfield or Johnson, preferably both

8 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If we signed Gallagher permanently then I think it would signal the end for Chrissy. No way would we be able to keep 3 players for 1 position happy, especially someone of Chrissy's calibre and for whom we could command a substantial transfer fee.

Personally I think we're good in the forward areas now, maybe with one more wide player addition on a permanent/loan, I would love to see us strengthen in midfield, get some legs and energy in there but for this we would need to move people on, at least one of Butterfield or Johnson, preferably both

Why do you want to get rid of Johnson?

9 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Agee with you don't think it happen in this window though def need legs in midfield 

21 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Mirror - 

At Pride Park, Gary Rowett would like to buy the forward – but that is a non-starter as far as his parent club is concerned.

And the Rams are unwilling to agree to a clause that allows Gallagher to be recalled in the New Year which is proving a difficult issue to resolve.

Surely it's standard if you loan a player out to have the option to recall them should you need to?

:whistle:

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

He literally guaranteed top 6 too in his post-match interview.

He will stick around until it becomes clear that he can't make that happen and quit, he will then take a load of punditry gigs saying he wasn't backed well enough in the transfer window and any of the issues he leaves behind will be put down to 'Well the Chairman deals with all that'.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He will stick around until it becomes clear that he can't make that happen and quit, he will then take a load of punditry gigs saying he wasn't backed well enough in the transfer window and any of the issues he leaves behind will be put down to 'Well the Chairman deals with all that'.

Yup... he's a pure cheque-book manager.

Archived