Sam Gallagher - signed for Birmingham on a season-long-loan

Barney1991

Mirror - 

At Pride Park, Gary Rowett would like to buy the forward – but that is a non-starter as far as his parent club is concerned.

And the Rams are unwilling to agree to a clause that allows Gallagher to be recalled in the New Year which is proving a difficult issue to resolve.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Take a look at his 2014 videos on Ytube he's at least 2stone lighter then than he is now No I'm not a Martin hater either just a realist 

Utter rubbish his weight will be comparable now to what it was then give or take the odd pound or the fitness staff have been failing in their monitoring.Also he had like the others targets to be at when returning to training and I am sure Rowett would have called him out if he was not hitting them.

Go on then, link the video evidence pal? My gut reaction is that Chris is in good shape from what I've seen.

2 stone plus overweight is a big statement. 

2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Martin scores lots of goals and has been one of our most prolific strikers in years but some fans want him sold.

Keogh helps us to have one of the best defences in the championship and set a home record for consecutive clean sheets and again some fans call him calamity who should be sold.

I'm still looking for the logic in these views.

Don't waste your time - there isn't any. If some people didn't have something to whine about, their lives would, to them, be even more miserable.

2 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Mirror - 

At Pride Park, Gary Rowett would like to buy the forward – but that is a non-starter as far as his parent club is concerned.

And the Rams are unwilling to agree to a clause that allows Gallagher to be recalled in the New Year which is proving a difficult issue to resolve.

Don't want to be bitten like we were with Ibe.

Martin's weight again? Seriously?

For one thing, he's a professional footballer. He's obviously fit, he did the same pre-season running as everyone else and Rowett, a manager who clearly values fitness highly, was perfectly happy to not only keep him but start him up front opening day.

Why do people seem to think fitness=pace? Just because Martin's not quick doesn't mean he's unfit. 

The great thing about football is lots of different types of athletes with different body types can play it.

Andre Wisdom's not the slimmest and I don't see anyone calling him unfit. In fact, you see people calling him a beast or a tank. 

Martin has a really broad body type and he uses that to his advantage. His game is based around playing with his back to goal, holding the ball up. He's a big lad so he's extremely hard to shove off the ball or get around without fouling him.

He's the wardrobe ffs!

That's what Martin's version of fitness is. I'd be worried if he wasn't what the common fan considers 'fat'.

I won't even bother getting into the football side of things because it's been done to absolute death on here. All the criticisms of Martin are even lazier than those making the criticisms claim he is.

When he gets his chance to start in the 4-2-3-1, or another system that isn't the dreadful version of 4-3-3 Rowett served up in the first two games, he'll continue the high standard he's been playing to for the past four years.

If we were to keep playing a 4-3-3 where the striker has no support from the midfield and is dealing with balls aimed about 20 yards downfield and 20 yards above their head, Gallagher is definitely the better option. But if those are our tactics for the rest of the season, someone else can have my season ticket.

Oh, come on. There's a pic of him at Cardiff away a few years a go with his shirt being pulled up. His body fat percentage must have been about 15 percent. No abs, no leg muscle definition, no veins in the arms etc. I'd say a good 10lbs has come off him since then.

It's like a woman when she loses weight, she wears tight clothes to show it off. Chris Martin wore skinny jeans to training. Case closed.

Youve done Wisdom's muscle mass a disservice there, too.

I wouldn't say Martin's the fittest player, but I wouldn't say he's the worst in the championship. He admitted himself that he struggles a lot with the fitness side and Bryson always makes fun of him. You could see in the Tenerife photos and the photos from last year in pre season that he was struggling and was struggling to breath. If you look, he doesn't have a clear abs,  but I'd say his upper body and shoulders are stronger. The way he plays, I wouldn't really say he needs to be tremendously fit though, he needs to focus on being strong.

46 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

He'd say  it is muscle

Havin too much muscle is actually a bad thing though. Bulkyness actually hampers you as it takes longer to turn etc and you are more prone to injuries generally. That's why you never see bulky marathon runners, they are all very lean. 

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Havin too much muscle is actually a bad thing though. Bulkyness actually hampers you as it takes longer to turn etc and you are more prone to injuries generally. That's why you never see bulky marathon runners, they are all very lean. 

You need explosive speed as a striker. Marathon runners are skinny because they need.constant pace. 100/200 metre athletes are very muscular because they need speed. There is a fine balance though 

Archived