Think the team will be like this. 

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Fozzy

Huddlestone Johnson 

Russell     Vydra     Weimann

Martin 

Subs

Mitchell Baird Nugent Bennett Pearce Bryson Butterfield

I'd go with the same side that started at Sunderland. Chopping and changing after one game, a game in which we took a point away from home against a newly relegated Premier League club, I don't get that. 

I think we will draw again today though. I see Wolves fighting for the playoffs themselves. Good manager they've now got. But hoping we turn it on and roll them over.

Fancy Johnson to score again too. Here's hoping.

Wolves fan based in Derby here guys. 

Looking forward to today, don't think it'll be a walk in the park as the Internet warriors do (we all have 'em) but having watched the Sunderland game it seemed you played it long to Martin a lot, stats said 30-26 on long balls at one point. After then watching our game on Saturday if this does happen I think we have far better defenders to cope with Martins touch and physical presence compared to recent years where he's given Danny Batth and Stearman the run around. Boly handled everything Assombolonga threw at him so our new foreign legion aren't afraid to get into it. 

you still have plenty of threat, Johnson loves a goal against Wolves (did for Norwich too) as does Russell. So whilst I hope we can have more joy against Martin I don't expect that will nullify all your options. From experience we know that if Weimann plays outside then it significantly reduces his effectiveness but I think he'd cause issues playing just behind Martin as some of you have suggested for Vydra.

I think we'll have more joy than in recent years because of our midfield namely, they can tackle, control, pass and shoot a football. I think your second goal last year Carson rolled the ball from his box to over the halfway line without a Wolves shirt getting near to set you away. Our midfield has been chronic and I think your scoring twelve in three at PP is more a comment about how our midfield have been totally outclassed by Bryson, Hughes, Johnson, Hendrick and Russell as is reflected with how many those names have collectively scored of the 12. 

I'd take a draw but I don't think a win is out of the question. I'm sure many of you feel the same way. Should make for a good game. 

All the best.

4 hours ago, kyle mccabe said:

Been talking to a few wolves fans and looked at there forum and they are so confident of rolling us over today with ease... let's get behind the lads and put them right ?

yes COYR , lets put the last four seasons of hurt behind us and roar this great club of ours to promotion

I think derby are going to win we are at home and the lads know they need hit the ground running and try and put things right by getting one thing is by getting p word. But even if vryda can not playing today in that number 10 role perhaps wieman can. Villa fans always said he better in more centrel role maybe this is the anwser for him teaming up with martin or nugent maybe.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I think derby are going to win we are at home and the lads know they need hit the ground running and try and put things right by getting one thing is by getting p word. But even if vryda can not playing today in that number 10 role perhaps wieman can. Villa fans always said he better in more centrel role maybe this is the anwser for him teaming up with martin or nugent maybe.

It's a home game so I am certainly hoping Martin will get some close support from the off. In a sense In Dont mind if it's Weiman, Vydra, Nuge or even Johnny. We just need a man to be close to Martin and at the same time prepared to go and get the ball if the mids sit on too much. 

Not long to go .. Even found baseball cap cos I know I'll be looking in to the sun :D

17 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Is the p word "pass"?

Can't believe GR is already under pressure from some fans, teams are nearly always very inconsistent in August so I'm not too bothered about form or results for another week or 2, especially sans a creative spark.  I do think we should have one by now but if Lawrence joins next week maybe we'll soon all be saying it was worth the wait.

Another performance like Sunderland and I can see a few more moaning, and the idiots gaining momentum with every game after that, but Rowett must be safe until at least November regardless of results.

23 minutes ago, Rample said:

Can't believe GR is already under pressure from some fans, teams are nearly always very inconsistent in August so I'm not too bothered about form or results for another week or 2, especially sans a creative spark.  I do think we should have one by now but if Lawrence joins next week maybe we'll soon all be saying it was worth the wait.

Another performance like Sunderland and I can see a few more moaning, and the idiots gaining momentum with every game after that, but Rowett must be safe until at least November regardless of results.

People should be free to criticise, particularly on a online forum. Personally I think there have been a few questionable decisions from Rowett already and I don't like the look of how we are going to look to play this season. 

With that said I'm not calling for his head and he should be given the season, provided something catastrophic doesn't happen.

Archived