Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - match day thread

Kernow

With wolves playing three at the back I'd imagine it would be a front four. Martin as the hold up man(taking two CB's out of the game) and leaving the three behind to press and push through the midfield. 

Might be completely wrong but the counter attacking football we've seen so far suggests that may be the direction GR takes

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Wolves were a good side when they were from Staffordshire. Since they relocated to the West Midlands conurbation they've been wankywankywankywankywanderers.

Derek Dougan was ok.

Didn`t know they moved MOLINEUX:lol:

I`t was still dodgy last time I went still need eyes in the back of your head on the way back to the station

Derek Dougan What about his SUPER partner John Richards 

(He was BRILL for us Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha )

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

They didn't. They moved Staffordshire!!

I did not know that until today!

Wolverhampton, Walsall, West Bromwich, and Smethwick were historic Staffordshire towns until local government reorganisation created the West Midlands county in 1974.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd guess the smaller portion, some jogging and drills but not taking part in the games yet?

Hopefully not long until we get "came through full session" then "played u23s" then "back in full training"

Before the inevitable. ..

"He felt his hamstring...."

"He's a little bit sore......"

"He's being rested as a precaution. ....."

"He's got a small grade 1 muscle problem which he will begin rehabilitation from in 7-10 days"

Ultimately ending in

"His injury hasn't responded to treatment as we would have hoped therefore,  reluctantly,  we've boiled him down for glue".

:lol:

3 hours ago, WystonRam said:

I did not know that until today!

Wolverhampton, Walsall, West Bromwich, and Smethwick were historic Staffordshire towns until local government reorganisation created the West Midlands county in 1974.

No loss...Shame they didn't take Stoke on Trent,Cannock and Tamworth too.... Derbyshire could have Burton back(they used to have stapenhill on the other side of the Trent!)

Really don't get their confidence?! They spent a fortune last season and look where it got them. Signing loads of talented foreigners (like last season) that don't know the championship and a manager who doesn't know the championship. Zenga started well first few games last season before the wheels came of in catastrophic fashion! And yet they're going to come to a genuine top 6 contender and roll them over? An opening day home win v Boro means nothing. Blackburn took 6 pts of Newcastle last season!

If this was in November I think Derby would roll them over by 2 or 3 goals as in previous seasons. As it's early season, I can see a tight game which will either be a draw or Derby will sneak 2-1.

And as for comments about will Rowett be under pressure if we get we'll beat today.....Really????!!!!

I find it odd that all their fans think they will win , or at worst draw, against us a side who has lost one league game at PPS in about 18 games.
Its amazing what stupid optimism does.

I think they are this years Reading of the championship built to dominate posession at a slow place with doubts on where the goals will come from. As long as we press their defenders, i can see the odd goal coming the same way Ayala from Boro gifted them one last week.

Archived