Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaintRam said:

Wolves are pretty comfortable.

Some interesting runs being made by Derby forwards and plenty of effort, but no real bite.

Defending is clumsy. Crosses are not being cleared properly at all, thats where all the shots are coming from.

Could be  worse. We could be Chelsea getting panned at home by 3 to the relegation favourites. 

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Match stats look unusual. Lots of possession,  few shots, no crosses at all.

Wolves with far more shots.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Wolves are pretty comfortable.

Some interesting runs being made by Derby forwards and plenty of effort, but no real bite.

Defending is clumsy. Crosses are not being cleared properly at all, thats where all the shots are coming from.

Early days but sounds like same as usual then ?

2 minutes ago, nfb said:

Early days but sounds like same as usual then ?

Sort of, especially in defense.

Wolves are probably one of this seasons favourites and it shows to be honest. Their lads are very composed.

Butterfield, Johnson and Russell not doing a lot to deter their critics

Just now, TotteridgeRa said:

At the game.  Wolves better in every department.  We are poor - lacking mobility, confidence.and guile.  Only Wisdom and Huddlestone showing. 

Will take a remarkable change to turn things around. We look as dangerous as a telly tubby

But I thought extra mobility/pace/athleticism  (I use these as synonyms) were what GR had meant to build. Based on his observations. 

Be a bit rubbish if we've given up our craft and guile but not replaced with extra pace.

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

But I thought extra mobility/pace/athleticism  (I use these as synonyms) were what GR had meant to build. Based on his observations. 

Be a bit rubbish if we've given up our craft and guile but not replaced with extra pace.

We have plenty of pace tbf - but Wolves 15m players arent slow.

We also have the additional disadvantages that OUR fast players are worth about a tenth of their fast players. What do we lose in ours? The ability to kick the ball properly.

Still, giving it a good go. We're 1 or 2 quality signings short of contention imo

1 minute ago, Adslegend said:

Booed off at half time. Not taken long at all for it to start this season...

People are ridiculous.

LOCK THEM ALL IN!

Just now, Harrowram said:

So far it proves that selling your 2 best players and not replacing them was utterly naive. Rowett needs to get busy in the transfer market quickly.

I wouldn't it say it was naive.

I don't think GR was under the impression we're still strong enough to get promoted without them, but that he needed some funds in, he didnt think they suited his systems and no-one shows any interest in any of our other players.

You can't hang him for this, imo. Not on any level.

If we don't sign anyone decent, that will be a mark against him for all of us and deservedly so but the sales were always going to happen I think. Ince especially.

Hughes wasn't a regular for Rowett towards the end of last season anyway. 

Archived