Vydra has to start could be our exciting player this year

kyle mccabe

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm,really don't know how this will play out....we really need to see him playing behind Martin and Nugent to see if he can sweep up and run into their layoffs effectively.

If he can,then it may be a partnership that can flourish....If not then I can't see another role for him that benefits him or the club.

Hoping it's the former,I enjoyed seeing him play on Saturday and his goal was the best he has scored for us.

Up until Rowett came in hed done as much good as Blackman with more opportunities. It's either his speed or his goals 3 seasons ago that save him from the Blackman treatment.

Since Rowett he's done slightly better. But still less than Bent, Nugent and Martin.

I don't get why Camara, Vydra and Weimann have always had patience for doing less than Russell, Ince and Martin have had grief for. 

Ince has played better in games he's been slated for than they've played in entire months.

When Vydra produces something good it will produce a spark within me. But until then I just look at his Watford time as the exception to the rule. Like Bryson in 13/14

Bloody hell you can tell he has scored a goal. Let's change our formation to suit the saviour! Suddenly everyone forgets the previous dross. I imagine if Blackman, Anya or Bennett has received a bad back pass to a near open goal everyone would be raving about them instead,

Still it saves reading goldfish memory posters raving about Weimann after 2 half decent halves against Port Vale and Northampton (or whoever it was) 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

nope

Love your positivity and willingness to get behind the Derby players! :whistle:

I hope Vydra turns out to be a success here, seems a nice bloke and clearly a talented player (vid for reference). We haven't played to his strengths yet and is another example of a player shunned for his performances when often played out of position. At Watford, in this same division a couple of years ago, he was absolutely lethal, one of the best strikers in the league... form is temporary remember. 
I'd love to see both Vydra and potentially Weimann reinvent themselves and play important roles this season for us.

Archived