Vydra has to start could be our exciting player this year

kyle mccabe

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, kyle mccabe said:

Does anyone else agree that vydra could really be our unknown this season and become a fan's favourite..

Hope so! Perhaps playing with Martin will allow him to get in on goal more often. I can also see Hudds picking out a pass once or twice a game that gets him beyond defenders. If he starts the season well I could see him scoring a bucketload but much will depend on if and how GR uses him.

When I first heard we were signing Vydra last year, I assumed it was to play with Martin and I thought it would be a perfect partnership.

My optimism hasn't dampened in the last 12 months.

I hope we give them a go early on. We're always saying that Martin is at his best when players run beyond him...Vydra will give you that an more if he's playing with a big man up top.

16 hours ago, 86 points said:

Hope so! Perhaps playing with Martin will allow him to get in on goal more often. I can also see Hudds picking out a pass once or twice a game that gets him beyond defenders. If he starts the season well I could see him scoring a bucketload but much will depend on if and how GR uses him.

This! He made so many clever runs last season but no-one could find him. Huddlestone will be able to spot his runs from anywhere.

18 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Martin could be his Deeney?? We all know how that went.....

Different players, Deeney's a battering type player whereas Martin tends to fall over quite easily but he will work far better with Martin than playing on his own. He will have someone to play 1-2s with.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Different players, Deeney's a battering type player whereas Martin tends to fall over quite easily but he will work far better with Martin than playing on his own. He will have someone to play 1-2s with.

We don't do 1-2 passing at Derby. We do 1-snooze. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Ask any Watford fan and they'll tell you that although Deeney is huge, he's exceptionally technical (like Martin) and that's what Vydra thrived off. We just have to hope that his form in the season Watford went up wasn't just a purple patch (ala Blackman).

Just now, lrm14 said:

Ask any Watford fan and they'll tell you that although Deeney is huge, he's exceptionally technical (like Martin) and that's what Vydra thrived off. We just have to hope that his form in the season Watford went up wasn't just a purple patch (ala Blackman).

Whilst Deeney's technical abilities did help, he used to take all the punishment from the defenders to allow the likes of Vydra and Ighalo to thrive on(they played a diamond if I re-call correctly). Martin's a different type of player, Deeney's more of a genuine target man whereas Martin likes to drop deeper and get involved with the play.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Whilst Deeney's technical abilities did help, he used to take all the punishment from the defenders to allow the likes of Vydra and Ighalo to thrive on(they played a diamond if I re-call correctly). Martin's a different type of player, Deeney's more of a genuine target man whereas Martin likes to drop deeper and get involved with the play.

Fair point. I'm just really hoping he can have the same impact that he did at Watford. I wasn't his biggest fan last season but now that we actually have strikers he can link up with, I'm hoping he can be a success.

At one stage though I'd like to see how we'd do with Martin, Vydra and Nugent all on the pitch at the same time, maybe using a similar diamond to what Watford used with Vydra, Deeney and Ighalo. They all have different attributes and I must admit, I'm not a great fan of our current wide options m.

He will be great behind matin in a 4231 and I hope that's how we will play with Hudds and Johnson behind. This will probably mean the 2 wingers need replacing. 

Cant see him fitting in a 433. If toral is a genuine target to play in the 10 role though where does that leave Vydra?

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

At one stage though I'd like to see how we'd do with Martin, Vydra and Nugent all on the pitch at the same time, maybe using a similar diamond to what Watford used with Vydra, Deeney and Ighalo. They all have different attributes and I must admit, I'm not a great fan of our current wide options m.

That would have been nice to see but to do that we'd need to get our width from our fullbacks. We're fine on the left with Fozzy and Olsson but with Baird and Wisdom I think they'd really struggle in the wing back role, Christie would have been ideal for it.

Just now, lrm14 said:

That would have been nice to see but to do that we'd need to get our width from our fullbacks. We're fine on the left with Fozzy and Olsson but with Baird and Wisdom I think they'd really struggle in the wing back role, Christie would have been ideal for it.

Possibly Anya maybe?

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

You COULD play the 3 in a 3-4-3 with Wisdom in the back 3 and Anya at RWB.

Just now, Saul Pimpson said:

You COULD play the 3 in a 3-4-3 with Wisdom in the back 3 and Anya at RWB.

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies

Anya        Huddlestone  Johnson  Forsyth 

Vydra

Martin            Nugent

Or swap Martin and Vydra's positions.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies

Anya        Huddlestone  Johnson  Forsyth 

Vydra

Martin            Nugent

Or swap Martin and Vydra's positions.

Or, play Bryson behind the strikers and martin with one of vydra or Nugent.

Archived