Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Forsyth

Huddlestone  Johnson

Weimann    Vydra    Russell

Martin

Why hopefully?

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it looks like my quest to watch every live match (from Australia) this coming season will fail at the first hurdle. 

Let me explain. This match (Sunderland v Derby) is a Sky game meaning that the club doesn't have the rights to televise it. That means it should be available to watch on the overseas 'broadcast partner' right? Just like last season? Wrong. Apparently, according to last year's 'broadcast partner', Beinsports, they "are unable to confirm whether or not [they] will be broadcasting EFL Championship as the rights for the 2017/18 season have yet to be assigned". I got this reply from them by email at 4pm Australia time, just under 13 hours before the first kickoff of the season. You'd think that with so much money involved, that this would be sorted out by now.

So frustratingly, we have no idea whether and where we can watch the match, despite it being televised in the UK. 

Does anybody in Australia have any better info than this? 

1 minute ago, Fraser_23 said:

I personally find it more exciting and thrilling to watch than the 4-3-3

I'd switch Russell's and Weimann's positions. Russell plays a lot better on the right than on the left. Vydra will help Martin to not be isolated. Can't imagine that O'Shea at his age would enjoy playing against Vydra.

1 hour ago, RamO said:

So it looks like my quest to watch every live match (from Australia) this coming season will fail at the first hurdle. 

Let me explain. This match (Sunderland v Derby) is a Sky game meaning that the club doesn't have the rights to televise it. That means it should be available to watch on the overseas 'broadcast partner' right? Just like last season? Wrong. Apparently, according to last year's 'broadcast partner', Beinsports, they "are unable to confirm whether or not [they] will be broadcasting EFL Championship as the rights for the 2017/18 season have yet to be assigned". I got this reply from them by email at 4pm Australia time, just under 13 hours before the first kickoff of the season. You'd think that with so much money involved, that this would be sorted out by now.

So frustratingly, we have no idea whether and where we can watch the match, despite it being televised in the UK. 

Does anybody in Australia have any better info than this? 

T'Internet may be of use? :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'd switch Russell's and Weimann's positions. Russell plays a lot better on the right than on the left. Vydra will help Martin to not be isolated. Can't imagine that O'Shea at his age would enjoy playing against Vydra.

Agree with that BUT I'd be interchanging them throughout the game to keep the full backs on there toes. We seem to have stopped doing that since ward and Russell used to do it 

Haven't got the usual opening day buzz because only a few teams are playing, but I'm still looking forward to it.

With or without Ince we should now have a water tight defence coupled with an improved midfield and forward line due to Huddlestone and Martin.

Add that to the fact Sunderland are still a mess and we have a very good chance of a good result.

That said we've all been here before and a 2-0 defeat with goals from Vaughan and McCormack seems the kind of irony that happens to us.

Didn't realise Forest also play tonight so there could well be a silver lining even if Boro are top of the league come 10pm.

Game day. Managing/dampening expectations, there's a lot of optimism on the site but we are away to one of the relegated Premier teams so I think the most important thing is not to lose. We have to do the basics, such as keeping it tight, and keeping the ball as much as the opening 20 minutes as possible to get the local crowd quiet and anxious. I know it's only one game but I would hate for the gumps to win tonight and us to lose and to see the entire division between us. We will face a backlash from Sunderland after their Celtic pre-season game and it's important to realize this match, like all Championship games, won't be easy.

Come on you Rams!

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Game day. Managing/dampening expectations, there's a lot of optimism on the site but we are away to one of the relegated Premier teams so I think the most important thing is not to lose. We have to do the basics, such as keeping it tight, and keeping the ball as much as the opening 20 minutes as possible to get the local crowd quiet and anxious. I know it's only one game but I would hate for the gumps to win tonight and us to lose and to see the entire division between us. We will face a backlash from Sunderland after their Celtic pre-season game and it's important to realize this match, like all Championship games, won't be easy.

Come on you Rams!

The art of managing the season is not to despair if we are bottom tonight and Forest are top, or to think we've won the league if the reverse occurs. But will we do this? Of course not - we are football fans! COYR!

1 hour ago, S75 Ram said:

Just had a look at the website I use to see if I can get a match via satellite and BeIN sports are now on the list of broadcasters for this game.

http://liveonsat.com/los.soc_br_eng_ALL.php

Hope that means that you will get to see it RamO.

I'm setting off to Sunderland in an hour or so, staying over 'till Sunday.

Cheers

Thanks. It will probably work out. I'll be up listening to the match anyway. Just seems massively inept! 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

A nice gesture will be the Sunderland of last weekend showing up to let us pop 5 past them.....:lol:

This makes me laugh Hants.??

Archived