Sunderland v Derby County - Match day thread

Kernow

Not sure it's so much vitriol. Jeez, you should read their forums. They're tearing themselves apart, dont need us. 

As ive said I've put us down for a 1-0 defeat because I know what Derby are like but all indicator's so far would lead you to a comfortable away victory. 

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Duracell said:

Love the Sunderland vitriol from us, like we don't support the club that had the worst season in English football just under ten years ago.

All this cocky posting's bound to upset the football gods. 

You wuss. We're smashing these. They won't even score. 

You're an embarrassment to this thread. "Football Gods"... ain't nuffin'

21 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

He's in a public place, speaking about things that people are clearly interested in. Public interest defence will win out every time in that situation. 

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed - going on a night out a week before the season starts, just after his team has been trashed 5-0. 

He's a man u product. For decades they've been a drinkers club. Best, law,  macari,  Stapleton,  whiteside,  mc grath etc etc.

We had Carroll more recently. 

Always take a long hard look at personal habits if you're buying from man u.

42 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

If football gods exist, explain Zamora. 'Arry's lot beating us was the day I became a football atheist.

That's exactly my point. The cockiness of our fans at the end of that season caused the football gods to play with Buxton and Keogh like voodoo dolls.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Same xi as v Hoff is my guess.

Yeah that's why I think it'll be that team and same formation, we'll see at 18.45pm on Friday for team news then.

19 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

If football gods exist, explain Zamora. 'Arry's lot beating us was the day I became a football atheist.

18 hours ago, Duracell said:

That's exactly my point. The cockiness of our fans at the end of that season caused the football gods to play with Buxton and Keogh like voodoo dolls.

18 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Don't forget Forsyth, he was just as culpable...

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

60% Bucko, 25% Fozzy, 15% Keogh.

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

50%/25%/25%

14 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Hmmm -

Fozzy 35% Bucko 35% Keogh 30%

Reopening old wounds, the only way we could have lost that match was a last-minute QPR winner with no time for us to retrieve the situation. It's the 90th minute. We're about to go into extra time against a team that had been playing with 10 men for a long time, desperately defending. We're absolutely all over them. Perhaps the most one-sided football game I've ever seen that was purely attack versus defence. All we needed to do was to be professional, play the percentages and keep the ball for a minute until the final whistle.

Then Bucko launches an absolutely suicidal Hollywood pass from the halfway line heading for the left corner. Why? Why? Why? It's intercepted. QPR race forward. Between them Bucko and Fozzy have at least three opportunities to put the ball into row Z and regroup. They don't take them because they seem for some bizarre reason to be trying to keep the ball alive and not concede a throw-in at all costs.

The cross comes in, bounces off Keogh's leg and there we are with my old man telling me "I told you so" beside me. Never felt more like hitting him in my life, but I did resist.

Still makes me seethe. We'd better stuff Sunderland and then some. Come on you Rams!

19 hours ago, HantsRam said:

He's a man u product. For decades they've been a drinkers club. Best, law,  macari,  Stapleton,  whiteside,  mc grath etc etc.

We had Carroll more recently. 

Always take a long hard look at personal habits if you're buying from man u.

Jeeez if drink produces players like that give ours free pass out for town every Friday night please. We also had Stapleton and McGrath not too bad 

Archived