v TSG 1899 Hoffenheim Match Thread

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the f*** has happened to Bryson? 

Continually fouls, looks a few yards off the pace and every game, no matter the opposition or formation, the game bypasses him.

Is it his age? Have his legs gone a bit? Not writing him off, but he's really starting to frustrate me. I put it down to him shaking off that injury and not being fully fit towards th end of last season. Used to be my first name in midfield.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Tell you what. Every single corner (I think?) has found a Derby player. That's promising. 

Was about to note that myself. Helps when those in the box are actually looking to attack the ball rather than just standing in the space they should be running into.

17 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

And it's not even a full strength Celtic team. 

I was contemplating earlier - Losing badly today would not have been great for us, obv we're playing a very strong team but confidence would have been hit, a narrowish defeat is not issue. Losing badly to a noddy scottish team however, will leave them very flat. Good news.

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

What the f*** has happened to Bryson? 

Continually fouls, looks a few yards off the pace and every game, no matter the opposition or formation, the game bypasses him.

Is it his age? Have his legs gone a bit? Not writing him off, but he's really starting to frustrate me. I put it down to him shaking off that injury and not being fully fit towards th end of last season. Used to be my first name in midfield.

Thought he did ok. I think we are a bit pedestrian in the midfield and do need some legs and energy...

Just now, one_chop said:

Can't see much difference from last season apart from the defence being a bit more solid.

We look more solid as a unit but we are seriously lacking creativity from the wide areas. 

Huddlestone gives us creativity from the middle but we really miss Ince and have not replaced him (yet) 

conceding goals wasn't an issue last season it was scoring them and at the minute this team doesn't have many goals in them.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Decent display. The starting X1 was my team to start on Friday but wondering whether we need Bryson's legs and energy in the midfield instead of Butterfield?

Bryson didn't appear to have legs or energy in the second half though.

Didn't do too bad today. We played a side who were unbeaten until January in a league featuring Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund. We looked to press them a lot when they had the ball and because of their quality they were able to get beyond the press which is where most of their threats came from, but no side in this league will have the quality they do.

As it stands that's probably the side that will feature vs Sunderland, although I think we're still slightly lacking. In my opinion, two more additions and we'll be fine, as long as we don't get too many penalties...

Just now, one_chop said:

Can't see much difference from last season apart from the defence being a bit more solid.

Apart from more urgency, more heart, better passing, better in defence, and more players on the score sheet. I guess you are right

Archived