v TSG 1899 Hoffenheim Match Thread

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Nope, I actually understand the game and can see when a player is very average, which he has been for years. His best attribute was his energy, which he has lost. It's a problem that is associated in the Uk for many years, fans here love players who run around when in reality they're very poor. Hoffenheim gave us a lesson in passing and movement.  

Mate ur clueless , I actually feel sorry for u , if ur goin to Sunderland Friday I will explain to u what's happening around u 

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Mclovin gave bryson a 4 , he must be a woman , no idea of the game or how it's meant to be played 

He genuinely did have a lot of energy and it was just what we needed to play a fast moving side more effectively....they were so quick on the ball,we needed someone who could match them ......which bryson did better than Butterfield.

I'd still like to see him used more offensively though....he rarely misses a chance to score when given the chance.

Just now, valleyram said:

Mate ur clueless , I actually feel sorry for u , if ur goin to Sunderland Friday I will explain to u what's happening around u 

If that's the same attitude that the rest of you scots have then it's no wonder your national team is so poor. Bryson was a good player in 13/14, the key word being was. He's a passenger nowadays. Just to note I thought all of our midfielders apart from Huddlestone were poor today.

Huddlestone was a beast with the passing first half, didn't get enough time on the ball in the second.

A lot of sloppy passing and we seriously need to take our chances. Finally we look a threat from corners too with TH taking them rather than Butterfield.

We need a winger, a creativity midfielder - we look bang average going forward and short of ideas . Bryson isn't the Bryson of 2014, sorry people 

Lawrence and a decent loan midfielder would be on my list 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

My player ratings:

Carson-9

Wisdom-6

Keogh-8

Davies-7

Forsyth-7

Huddlestone-8

Butterfield-5

Johnson-5

Russell-6

Martin-6

Weimann-6

Subs: Anya- 6     Vydra- 7 Bennett-   6

Nugent-6  Olsson-6    Bryson-4

Boules hit.

49 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Enjoyed it today , Hoffenheim look a well set up team with some quality players , nice quick passing good to watch . 

Regarding our team , starting 11 looked solid but won't pull up any trees , not enough flair in the front 3 . Forsyth is way over rated by some of our fans and looked a weak ling in the back four. Huddlestone just oozes class?. Weimann isn't good enough to start, I honestly would start Bennett over him.  Not trying to be over critical I really am just picking the bad bits out of an overall good performance against a champions league team. 

Forsyth has been out for a year. He is still several games away from being match sharp. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Forsyth has been out for a year. He is still several games away from being match sharp. 

Strange how Fozzy can be out for two years and be throne in but Thorne can't because he's delicate. Lets face it, were never going to get him back :mellow:

Just now, Gypsy Ram said:

Strange how Fozzy can be out for two years and be throne in but Thorne can't because he's delicate. Lets face it, were never going to get him back :mellow:

He has been in training longer. 

38 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are we talking Craig Forsyth or Bruce Forsyth??? Craig had a good game today.....

Craig had a good game for a player out for a year, it was very good.

No doubt he got caught for pace against really fast players a couple of times but get that rustiness out his legs, (today was ideal test), he will improve with fitness and probably be one of the best backs in the league.

Makes a huge difference having his height back.

4 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Huddlestone to be our penalty taker next season? If he can ping passes so accurately,you'd have to have confidence in him from the spot.

I think there will(could) be few sharing the penalties this season coming up but Chris Martin should still take it if he's on the pitch though. 

45 minutes ago, sage said:

Whilst technically true, I would say its more like 2 as he was out from November in 2015. Couple games following season and back out again.

As you say, will be a few games before we see him anywhere near the same level, given the competition for his place he will get the game time needed

Archived