• Last Reply
1 hour ago, Adslegend said:

Good covering by Keogh there

Agreed that was very good covering. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

already happier with Bent than Edworthy commenting

Enjoyed Darren Bent commenting today. 

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Hoffenheim are quick to the loose balls, that will be a good exercise for Derby to increase sharpness before our opening league game.  Am enjoying listening to Bent

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

That pass from Hudds. Oh my goodness!

He's class and I'm so happy that he's back. 

1 hour ago, RicME85 said:

Really need a winger to replace Russell. Such a frustrating player, was in a good position then and ended up going backwards.

Dear oh dear. 

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Great work from Russell there, he's having a good game, quick forward, aggressive.  Sure, he's not the most technical player but he works very well for the team

Spot on Ramit he was decent today tbh.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

He should have left it for Johnson 

Yeah maybe. 

Really? He has been one of the more positive players at the front.

Spot on BathRam.

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Forsyth hasn't lost it. What a machine he is. 

Great to see Fozzy back and hopefully he stays fit for 46 league games we need him big time.

Congratulations to the happy couple

Yeah congratulations to them and fair play for them doing it at Pride Park. 

47 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

We can't finish for Toffee...

A front 3 of Weimann Russell Martin will not get us promoted!

Behave. 

43 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Oh ffs. Same old Derby 

Dear oh dear. 

38 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Same old Derby, losing 1-0 to a Champions League side.

Remember the meltdown against Benfica reserve? 

38 minutes ago, one_chop said:

We must have the worse record in the league for penalties 

No that must be Fulham?

37 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Good work from Russell to win the penalty - he wins a lot of penalties doesn't he?

Good save from the goalie.

Hopefully Johnny keep winning the penalties this season coming. Great work from him. 

37 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

That wasn't a bad penalty at all. That was an excellent save. Y'all are mad.

Agreed it wasn't THAT bad penalty whatsoever. The difference is their keeper height. 

24 minutes ago, one_chop said:

If Vydra had of missed that I would of never picked him again.

So glad that you're not the manager. 

23 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

That's top class that is.

Excellent finish tbh. 

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Decent work out and no shame in losing if this is how it ends.

Yeah agreed it's only a friendly and there is lot of positive we'll take it, also we'll learn other things etc. Really good test for us today IMO. 

17 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Tell you what. Every single corner (I think?) has found a Derby player. That's promising. 

Just wait and see first before getting exciting over the corner etc. 

16 minutes ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Sunderland losing 5-0 to Celtic :lol: hopefully we've got them just at the right time

They still have terrible players that plays for them, so yeah I hope so too because it'd be nice to have a great start of the season. 

11 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Good performance. We'd have won if they had a Championship standard goalie in the German goal.

Spot on SB. 

10 minutes ago, superzak said:

Defensively very good......super Tom brilliant ..still think we will struggle to score this season though.

Disagreed with you re struggle to score this season tbh. 

Far too much read into a game against a Top 4 side in Germany, every championship and bottom 10 Premier League club would have been beat today against these.

Thought it was a perfect workout myself. No amazing performances but no poor ones either, tucking along nicely.

Agreed we may need 2/3 additions to the squad, all I'm bothered about is that Rowett gets time to mould a squad for 2/3 seasons, not just 6 months.

Dont waste our most precious commodity..... time. It's been wasted too much 

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Far too much read into a game against a Top 4 side in Germany, every championship and bottom 10 Premier League club would have been beat today against these.

Thought it was a perfect workout myself. No amazing performances but no poor ones either, tucking along nicely.

Agreed we may need 2/3 additions to the squad, all I'm bothered about is that Rowett gets time to mould a squad for 2/3 seasons, not just 6 months.

All true, and just because we may not get them in this transfer window means little, we have a very good squad.

26 minutes ago, Norman said:

But I dont think he has got the legs. That's my point. He's late to tackles, to second balls and keeps fouling. Think their second goal came from a quick free kick he gave away.

He even fell flat on his face with no one around him chasing back for a counter attack. Dont know what's happened to him.

Well, if it's not Bryson, someone of his ilk....I think Hudders, Johnson and Butters are plodders and as a combination lack a bit of pace....

Huddlestone was sublime in parts of today's game. Think we need to provide the striker with more support, Martin looked isolated for a fair proportion of the first half. Weimann had a good game, as did Forsyth and Keogh. Wisdom looked a little shaky for the first few minutes, but settled into the game, did he trade mark of smashing one of the Hoffenheim players into the ground. Was a satisfying performance, and was nice of us to applaud the Hoffenheim goal and also their players at the end of the game, good to see.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Well, if it's not Bryson, someone of his ilk....I think Hudders, Johnson and Butters are plodders and as a combination lack a bit of pace....

That is true jimbo, Butterfield is fine as a sub after the game is won if you know what I mean, when Thorne is properly match fit he may do well in there if no more re- enforcements arrive 

16 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

me too?

29 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Defence was very good, Wisdom Keogh Davies in particular. Huddlestone a class above, also liked Bryson when he came on. If I'm honest still prefer 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3, want to see Vydra and Martin together. 

P.s Russell is w*nk.

No mate Norman says he just runs about a lot , thankfully Rowett is the manager and no him 

42 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree completely. 

Every time I suggested on here that we needed more midfield players I was assured that we had enough

If anyone was impressed by Johnson,  Bryson or Butterfield today please let me know.

Matty James would walk into this side.

Upfront Vydra must start ahead of Weimann or Russell.

We lack forwards who can beat a player.

There were some lovely forward balls today which better forwards would have finished off.

Overall it was  good learning exercise -an excellent friendly. 

Ffs they are no champions league players and that's what they were up against , give them a break , come back at xmas and see if they are being slated when we are top of the league , come to think of it don't cause u lot would still be moaning 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I don't like a world where the goalkeeper gets no credit. They get little enough as it is in every other area of the game. 

Fair point. He did look a very good keeper, great recovery to deny Nugent and very calm distribution. 

2 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Ffs they are no champions league players and that's what they were up against , give them a break , come back at xmas and see if they are being slated when we are top of the league , come to think of it don't cause u lot would still be moaning 

You say we are going to be top every season.

3 minutes ago, valleyram said:

No mate Norman says he just runs about a lot , thankfully Rowett is the manager and no him 

Russell is all industry and no guile.

He is not w*nk.  We'd all love him to be the complete package but he just isn't. Like many other players in the Championship.

Would agree with all of the above. Hoffenheim were a class above us, and it was obvious in the first half, and although we did threaten to a degree, the difference in class meant we weren't that likely to score. Butterfeild has looked more positive for most of pre-season, but seemed to go into his shell in this match, although he makes our dead-ball situations a bit more positive.

Bryson coming on second half did make a big difference, especially as I was expecting hi to just run around a lot without making much difference - nice to be wrong on that one. I hope we can learn how to put Huddzy's passing to better use, he was marvelous.

Shame about the penalty - Braddley hit it hard enough, but it was actually an easy save, although the Rams TV guys have already awarded it "Save of the Season" for the entire footballing world! A shame also about Nugent - he had two really good chances, but both of them were really poncy efforts, so we should have had more goals, which has been a consistent observation by Gary Rowett.

Defensively, we were pretty solid for much of the time, without a spell of pressure resulting in us collapsing or pressing the panic button , although I am still not convinced by our propensity for zonal marking, which is where their first goal came from.

However I don't expect to see as good an opposition in the Championship this season, so we should do OK.

Finally, I watched the match on Rams TV, along with the two previous friendlies. What are the commentary team doing? Today, we got Darren Bent as the "pundit", so we had to do a replay in slow motion in order to decipher what he was actually saying, but for more than 80% of the time, they were'nt commentating on the match, they were just waffling on about football related stuff like you might do before the match or at half-time with the person sitting next to you if he just won't shut up. Then we would get a recap of what had happened in the match, then he would suddenly try and describe some match action, just as the ball goes out into touch and the action stops. Very poor stuff. Come on Rams TV, if you are paying someone to be a commentator, it might be worthwhile making sure that he actually commentates on the game we are watching. Oh well, rant over.

Overall, we have reasons to be quietly confident of a steady season, although I don't think we have the flair or creativity to be threatening the top two positions. It might all depend on the really, really good signing we were told is coming, unless that was PR spin to placate us when we only got a small amount for our Will.

4 minutes ago, valleyram said:

My comments are not just based on today but last season too.

It is no coincidence that the stand out players are the new ones.

We showed promise today. I am not moaning. I am giving my opinion on how we can get better. Which we need to be if we are to be top of the league.

Archived