The 2017/18 Academy Thread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Roos out of contract at the end of the season, however.

Wolves u18 1-3 Derby u18, half time.

Needs games. I guess he'll move on. I've very little confidence in Mitchell as an understudy, but I expect that he will wear the gloves on the bench next season.

And well done to the U18s!

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Offrande Zanzala's loan team Accrington Stanley promoted to the football league last night. Not sure Zanzala has played much part in to though. 

He has had about 20 minutes of game time.

8 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Elsnick playing tonight in the big U23s game. No Thorne this time. No first teamers at all in fact, not even Luke Thomas. Some injury worries for tomorrow perhaps.

Stabana on the bench - thought I’d read that he had been released.

Really pleased we've got Timi back for this one, although he won't have been able to train much with the lads as he was on the bench again at the weekend. 

I think Stabana is under contract until season end unless he got fixed up elsewhere earlier? 

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Guessing the Arsenal trialist wasn't much cop then

He was pretty good actually but like Stabana he is under contract till the end of the season so they are allowed to go on trial for a few games then have to go back to there parent club.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Congratulations to everyone who played and helped the U23s stay up this season. 

Absolutely, been a thoroughly enjoyable seasons viewing on Rams TV!

Watching these lads is often a breath of fresh air compared to the first team.

Well done Daz Wass & team.

Really enjoy watching the under 23's, whether live or on Rams TV, or even when out on loan.

They have done amazingly well this season, especially when they are regularly playing under 18 players and even younger players against some experienced premier league academies that can attract the very best players.

They always try to play football and are a credit to our club.

Lots of loaded questions tonight pre and post match, they guys were really bigging the Academy up and speaking about the pathway to the first team and young Sisbly’s age etc. Investment in facilities and staff got a mention, the guys out on loan too.

I think they’ve read some of the comments on here I feel.  Maybe next year will see a few step up?

I really like the look of TM Elsnik, Babos should get on the bench too along with Thomas. Bogle has done well and Sibley looks to be a great prospect.  Charles Vernom linked up well with Elsnik on the occasions they did play together.

Archived