The 2017/18 Academy Thread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting here , Rowett looking for Luke Thomas and Jayden Bogle to make the step up. See I always thought  that our most promising your right back was Stabanna from the little I've seen of our under 23s looks like Rowett really rates Bogle.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jayden-bogle-luke-thomas-derby-1175323.amp?__twitter_impression=true

9 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Interesting here , Rowett looking for Luke Thomas and Jayden Bogle to make the step up. See I always thought  that our most promising your right back was Stabanna from the little I've seen of our under 23s looks like Rowett really rates Bogle.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jayden-bogle-luke-thomas-derby-1175323.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I wonder how many appearances the two will make between now and the end of the season?

• 2 weeks later...

Luke Thomas must be very close to a first team call up he always looks so good when I watch the under23, he looks like what tom Lawrence is ment to for the first team! anybody watch the under 23 last night?  Morgan Whittaker came on looked very dangerous for us set up the last 2 goals he looked very promising 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, angieram said:

Only got 19 votes so far, so if you've got a minute, pop over and vote. @coneheadjohn, a Sheffield Wednesday player winning at the moment - you can't have that, can you?!

didn't realize the Dennis connection

"Henry is at Derby now and it's a really good Academy. They've got Des Walker, Danny Holmes, Rory Delap, Justin Walker – really good coaches.
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-legend-wise-delighted-with-son-henry-s-progress-at-derby-4180221

Our under 23s are through to the 'round of 16' of the Premier League Cup:

A bit more extensive information for the PL website:

All ties are one-off matches scheduled for 15-18 March. If level after 90 minutes, the matches will go to extra-time and penalties if necessary.

Premier League Cup round of 16 Draw

Sheffield United/Ipswich Town* v Derby County
Middlesbrough v Liverpool
Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth
Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton
Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Exeter City
Swansea City v Bristol City
Southampton v Leicester City

This seems a decent draw for us as we have avoided the biggest academies left in the competition. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Our under 23s are through to the 'round of 16' of the Premier League Cup:

A bit more extensive information for the PL website:

All ties are one-off matches scheduled for 15-18 March. If level after 90 minutes, the matches will go to extra-time and penalties if necessary.

Premier League Cup round of 16 Draw

Sheffield United/Ipswich Town* v Derby County
Middlesbrough v Liverpool
Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth
Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton
Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Exeter City
Swansea City v Bristol City
Southampton v Leicester City

This seems a decent draw for us as we have avoided the biggest academies left in the competition. 

I would have expected the group table toppers to be rewarded with a home tie!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived